Question on Marlin Camp 9

Guest billwilly73

Guest billwilly73

I am considering the purchase of a Marlin Camp 9, and I have a couple of questions.

1. What would be a good price to pay?

2. Are they a decent 9mm carbine?

I have been wanting a carbine for a while and found one with two 12 round mags, scope rings, and sling. No scope.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest smittyb

Haven't owned one, but liked the ones I've shot. From what I have seen at gun shows, and take that for what it's worth, in very good shape or better anything under 400-450 what be a good deal.

Guest Bronker

Bill, I know this won't answer your OP outright, but I will say that I have shot one that belongs to strob2000. He's on here often. I will alert him to this and let him chime in. He's a great guy and a wealth of knowledge on his Camp 9. By the way, its a riot to shoot!!!

Most of the ones I see are anywhere from $350-$500. I personally wouldn't give more than $350 or so for one. They are pretty good little carbines, but there are a few things you need to do to help out a stock gun. It will definitely need a new buffer (blackjack buffers). The stock ones are almost always bad. It will also need a heavier recoil spring (Wolff springs 16lb.). Making these two improvements will do wonders for it. These guns had a problem with cracking stocks in the pistol grip area due to the bad stock buffers. If you do buy it, replace these two parts before you shoot it, trust me. I didn't and cracked my stock a little. After the upgrades it has been a great little shooter. I definitely plan on keeping mine. I think the parts cost me around $35 total so figure that in your price.

Guest Bronker
Most of the ones I see are anywhere from $350-$500. I personally wouldn't give more than $350 or so for one. They are pretty good little carbines, but there are a few things you need to do to help out a stock gun. It will definitely need a new buffer (blackjack buffers). The stock ones are almost always bad. It will also need a heavier recoil spring (Wolff springs 16lb.). Making these two improvements will do wonders for it. These guns had a problem with cracking stocks in the pistol grip area due to the bad stock buffers. If you do buy it, replace these two parts before you shoot it, trust me. I didn't and cracked my stock a little. After the upgrades it has been a great little shooter. I definitely plan on keeping mine. I think the parts cost me around $35 total so figure that in your price.

As if on que!!!

Toldya!

I haven't owned a Camp 9, but I did have a Camp 45 for a while. The gun shot great, but was very picky about ammo. I also had some feeding problems with mags. After about 3000 rounds, I had to replace the feed ramp. It had broken on the top end. It actually looked as if it had chipped off over a period of time. I don't know if the 9 has those problems, but take a light with you and go over it well before you purchase one. BTW the 45 was super accurate within 100yrds. At 50 it would shoot right at 1 inch 10 shot groups with 230gr ball ammo.

Guest billwilly73

Well.......I bought the Camp 9.......it looks almost new, and I got it at a pretty good price. Too bad it is raining today, I'd love to go shoot it:D

I got another question.........Can I shoot +P through it? just wondering

I will try to snap a pic and post it later..............Thanks for the info

Everything I've heard and read says not to shot +P through them, though I haven't tried it myself with mine. It may have something to do with the under powered spring. I don't have the factory manual so I'm not sure what Marlin says about it. Hope you enjoy it, I think they're really cool little rifles.

• 1 year later...