a whole bunch of 22lr at walmart sango

Stopped by Academy Wolfchase for a Mag and Damn there heavy in 22 lr.  2 to 10 boxes depending on  what you want. I'm pretty sure there's 30+ thousand rounds on the little table behind the counter. One could get 10-50 round  boxes of CCI Velociter if they wanted. I counted 18 of those boxes.  Dude behind the counter said there thick in the back as truck last night was stacked deep.   

I had to run up there tonight to pick up a few things being it is the closest to us, and surprisingly they still had several rows of the 325 count boxes still on the shelf.  So the buying frenzy must be over till we hear about another gun take away then it will be everyman for himself.

I mean they had a whole bunch, there were 2 thousand round boxes at 50.00 plus and probably 30 to 40 325 round boxes for like 18.00 cant remember for sure but there was a bunch, more than I have ever seen there.

We were at Walmart on Ft. Campbell blvd around 430pm. I was getting engine oil. When I walked by the ammo counter there were a large amount of people buying up .22LR . Some of the people didnt look like they knew what a gun was. I figured most of them were "scalpers" buying it to resell it . That is the main reason I sold my .22LR gun. I could never enjoy shooting it not knowing if I would be able to buy ammo for it one month to the next .

Got a brick of 325rd federal automatch at Academy today. They have upped their limit to 500 rds a day now. Yesterday they had Federal 50 rds blue boxes for $2.29 each. I grabbed 10. That's $22.90 for 500 rounds, just under that magic 5 cents per round barrier. I go every day I can. Just wish wifey would go with me. :/

Mind you, again, I work from 7am to 4pm, so whatever I get is left over from the morning. Who knows what other goodies I lose out on to the neckbeards.

Thanks for the comments guys. I rarely search stores for 22 any more. If I'm in one that sells ammo, I'll check.

But it's just too crazy to try and search it out. I just buy online now, and have for quite a while.

Yes, I've paid as much as 8-9 cents a round at worst with shipping, but I have 22 to shoot, and I don't waste time.

And if like musicman, I drove by Academy every day, I would look.