Shoot until the threat is stopped.

Sam1

Important lesson here; story is on the page with the video.  Bystander intervenes during the attack, shoots the guy once and waits and shoots and waits, the guy is down for a bit but then lunges at them with the machete again, then gets up a second time.

When some thug presents a threat that warrants an unholster, better put an immediate and full stop to that threat and not a half-assed one.

https://www.funker530.com/multiple-terror-attacks-against-israelis-caught-on-cam/

• Like 1
I saw that video this morning. The guy does appear to stop moving when the CCWer stopped shooting. When he pops up the guy keeps shooting. I actually thought it showed amazing restraint, and good composure to stay trained on the guy....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

All the Michael Brown supporters need to see this video although it wouldn't do any good. I've seen a few other video's where a perp was shot robbing a store and never flinched, one video one of the robbers was shot in the torso, he just said to his partner "that B!tch shot me" and ran out the door. He finally collapsed about 100 yards down the street and died. I plan to make sure the perp is down for the count and not take my eyes or front sight off them. Of course you will have some idiot bleeding hearts scream about you didn't have to shoot him that many times, why didn't you shoot him in the leg, if you gave up and surrendered to him he would have let you live yadda yadda blaa blaa, I can hear it now.

I know the big argument about the .45 vs 9mm and i'm convinced there's not much difference with modern 9mm ammo but .45 ammo is also modernized too. One thing I do feel about the .45 is that as far as handgun ammo effectiveness goes it's still at the top of the list with 9mm or .357mag. so it will do all the job a handgun caliber can. I would like to know what caliber and ammo the armed citizen had and his shot placement. They never report that though.

The dynamics of a lethal force encounter and reactivness of an assaliant who's been shot, stabbed or severely beaten is unpredictable. Everyone is wired a little different then the next person and medical conditions, mental illness, intoxication, hallucinogenics or other drugs do strange things. Me? I'll follow my training and try and keep my head in the game.

Edited by TNWNGR
  • Like 1

The bad guy went down and the shooter did the right thing by stopping his fire.
Shot a person laying on the ground will get a shooter in trouble.

Maybe here in the US, but considering where it was, and Palestine and Israeli tensions; I don't think the shooter would have been in much trouble.

The bad guy went down and the shooter did the right thing by stopping his fire.
Shot a person laying on the ground will get a shooter in trouble.

Nope, he shot and paused, shot and paused, the guy tries to whack them again he shot and paused, the guy gets up completely and he shot again. That guy should have had multiple rounds in him before he was able to draw the machete back after the first round was released.

Bird hunters learn this rule in the field. Fire for effect! Keep shooting until the target folds, is out of range, or your gun is empty.

Amen!

Actually bird hunting teaches you several things, one of which is how a shotgun actually works. And it ain't like Hollywood.