TFA Nashville Chapter June Meeting (06/19/07)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

I'm not that surprised. This chapter seems doomed to failure for some reason. It's pretty much why I decided to create TN Gun Owners in the first place since meeting here is never restricted by time, date or schedule.

• Administrator
Yep...it's sad too. The 1st meeting seemed to go VERY well. I don't know what the deal is.

I thought it was on Wednesdays....that's what I get for thinking

I thought they moved it to Thursdays... but then I saw this was on a Tuesday, and then Wednesday... then it was moved to Febtober... *sigh*

Guest David Waldrip
Might I suggest a coup (of the TFA chapter - not the TGO board). :eek:

Marswolf, that is one of the most interesting comments all day. What did you have in mind?

• Administrator
Well David, maybe someone should take over leadership of the chapter who is a leader?

I think you hit the nail on the head, although I really hate to throw rocks at this Perry fellow as I really don't know much about him. What I do know is that a leader generally leads with decisive action, and thus far I've seen no evidence of it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Just for the sake of keeping this current...

Does anyone know what's going on with the Nashville chapter? I checked over on the TFA Forum and it appears that there is an absolute void of communication on this. Is this newly appointed chapter President already MIA?

It just kills me that the TFA can't get any traction on it's home turf. I am jealous of the sort of activity that I see from some of the other chapters and can't fathom why Nashville seems cursed in this respect.

I've heard nothing. I see TFA emails concerning every other chapter in the state having meetings, but not in Nashville. If we can't even get an email sent to the distribution list, this does not bode well.

I thought about launching a coup as I think the job matches my skill set, but changed my mind on further reflection.

I was wondering the same thing. I think you'd do we in that position Len. If the chapter is going to make it off life support (if it isn't pushing up daisies already) someone is gonna have to step up

"Someone"? With all the calls here for leadership why not step up to the plate instead of waiting for "someone" else?

I've been involved in helping two other chapters get off the ground and assisted in the planning for a TriCities chapter (It didn't get passed the first meeting).

The leaders of the other chapters are more than willing to give ideas and assistance, albeit from afar for most of us.

Guys, Tim is a kingpin of the Morristown chapter. He knows how to make a chapter work. Morristown is about half way between Knoxville and the Tri-Cities. Macho and I have planned to make one of their meetings but haven't been able to work out the details. I may be having more time to attend soon.