TFA Nashville Chapter June Meeting (06/19/07)

• Administrator

The Tennessee Firearms Association Nashville Chapter meeting is presently scheduled for Tuesday, June 19th at 7:00pm.

Academy of Personal Protection and Security

336 Hill Ave.

Nashville, TN 37210

(
map
)

Featured Guest / Speaker:

To be announced.

Folks, if you live in or around Nashville this meeting is worth attending. The TFA is the only locally active lobbying organization that works diligently to both protect and further the rights of gun owners in Tennessee. This organization was instrumental in getting the Handgun Carry Permit laws passed and is constantly working to expand our rights.

For the past year or two there has not been an active chapter in middle Tennessee. In my opinion that is a crying shame since Nashville is the home base of the TFA and Nashville is the State capitol... where all of the laws get passed!

It seems to me that the majority of people feel that just paying a membership fee and joining the organization is "doing their part" but this just isn't the case. The TFA needs warm bodies occupying seats at these meetings and needs people who care about their God given rights to mobilize themselves and write letters, make phone calls, send emails and sometimes even visit with their elected representatives. We cannot just hope that someone else does the leg work!

Please, consider coming to the meeting if you can. If the Nashville chapter gets off the ground and stays afloat, then we can investigate the prospect of forming chapters in other outlying middle Tennessee counties so that attending monthly meetings doesn't require making a long drive into Davidson County.

See you there???

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ProguninTN

I will see if I can make it. I may have to work. Perhaps, I can convince my father to attend. (Assuming he's available.)

• Administrator

Can't make it tonight. I've got other matters to attend to that I've already put off for nearly a week. Someone please post a review of what happens, and if they finally taser the president dude, get that on video. :D

Guest dpeneguy
Can't make it tonight. I've got other matters to attend to that I've already put off for nearly a week. Someone please post a review of what happens, and if they finally taser the president dude, get that on video. :D

There wasn't a speaker tonight. The topic was the same as the last meeting " Expanding the membership " . There will be no meeting next month, the next one will be in August. They were talking about giving memberships away for a 6 month period to help grow the membership. Also if any of the members are willing to help run the TFA table at the gun shows .

It was nice meeting you TNroadrunner and Len :D

DP...I meant to say hi..I was the red head at the front table. WE need to do something...need to help Perry set an agenda, someone to take notes, it seemed really disorganized tonight to me.