Wyoming doe tag paid off...

Man, it's been rough hunting up this this past week. I didn't draw the area I wanted & am familiar with, but the one next to it.
The weather had been wet, but unseasonably warm this year & the migration is still very sporadic.
I've been glassing my eyes out trying to find any antelope! Of course in the unit I wanted, the damn things are everywhere....

I managed to connect yesterday late in the afternoon with a group of 8 & selected the biggest of the bunch. Touched off the 6.5 at (I'm guessing) a hair under 300yds & lost her in the recoil. I honestly thought I'd missed & she'd bounded away. Turns out I hit her perfectly in the mid-shoulder & dropped her on the spot.

I have to report, the 140gn Berger VLD did an amazing job. Hardly any meat loss, no exit & her insides were soup. I was skeptical of a bullet that advertises the fact that it penetrates a couple of inches & then sheds it's jacket, fully fragmenting the core. That just sounded counter intuitive to me, but dang! This thing is devastating!
20151005_163531_zpsu1fl0gmz.jpg20151005_163439_zpsu8yciuoh.jpg

• Like 4

Man, it's been rough hunting up this this past week.

Nice looking Antelope!   Don't folks say something like, "the worst day of ____ is better than the best day at work".    Seems to apply here to me!   Safe travels.   :)

Edited by Trekbike

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.