"The Walk" ... Will blow you away

Ron_TN

https://youtu.be/GR1EmTKAWIw

I seen this movie in IMAX 3D and it was worth every penny. 

This man walked across the twin towers in the 70's on a cable.

I remember it well.....

They made a documentry about it a few years ago called "Man on a wire" its on amazon and netflix....also check it out

Edited by Ron_TN

https://youtu.be/GR1EmTKAWIw

I seen this movie in IMAX 3D and it was worth every penny. 

This man walked across the twin towers in the 70's on a cable.

I remember it well.....

They made a documentry about it a few years ago called "Man on a wire" its on amazon and netflix....also check it out

I read an article yesterday that said people are getting vertigo watching it in 3d and more than a few people have lost their lunch. I've like JGL since he was on Third Rock from the Sun. He seems like a pretty alright guy. That being said, I will never look up his personality or political views so I can stay in fantasy land and not have him ruin it for me :D

Found the article https://www.gq.com/story/the-walk-audiences-vertigo

I am not a fan of movies like this, or even that mountain climbing one that just came out.  Granted, it's dangerous walking a tightrope like that; but in the end that is all it is.  I like movies with a storyline, twists, plots etc.  To me its like watching a rerun of a football game, I know the outcome.

• Like 1

I read an article yesterday that said people are getting vertigo watching it in 3d and more than a few people have lost their lunch. I've like JGL since he was on Third Rock from the Sun. He seems like a pretty alright guy. That being said, I will never look up his personality or political views so I can stay in fantasy land and not have him ruin it for me :D

Found the article https://www.gq.com/story/the-walk-audiences-vertigo

Why be so critical of the man....do you need to get a back round check on the actors.  I see that a lot in here .....who cares what his personl believes are .....faith....political ...views ...etc.  I once posted a video of a certain singer I liked and people bashed him a new ass.   Whats this thing about his personality.  Marlon Brando was nut case but I loved his movies!

I am not a fan of movies like this, or even that mountain climbing one that just came out.  Granted, it's dangerous walking a tightrope like that; but in the end that is all it is.  I like movies with a storyline, twists, plots etc.  To me its like watching a rerun of a football game, I know the outcome.

Its  more a documentry.....no tits and ass......no 50 car crashes.....and two hundred explotions.   the man did a feat no man has or will do in your life time.  If you like twists he had to sneak all the eqiupment in the tower at nights and the figure how to hang the cable acoss 140 feet to the tower....did you ever think how he got the cable across?.   u wont find any more story line then this movie...trust me.  

Why be so critical of the man....do you need to get a back round check on the actors. I see that a lot in here .....who cares what his personl believes are .....faith....political ...views ...etc. I once posted a video of a certain singer I liked and people bashed him a new ass. Whats this thing about his personality. Marlon Brando was nut case but I loved his movies!

If you'll read it again, I said I like him. I'm also keeping that fondness at face value so I don't accidentally learn that perhaps he's a Jimmy Carey type.
  • Like 1

If you'll read it again, I said I like him. I'm also keeping that fondness at face value so I don't accidentally learn that perhaps he's a Jimmy Carey type.

That's the point exactly! His acting is what you like and that's got nothing to do with his off-screen existence. Since you're not watching his movies for any other reason, I agree. Why would you need to know? Ignorance is bliss. 

Its  more a documentry.....no tits and ass......no 50 car crashes.....and two hundred explotions.   the man did a feat no man has or will do in your life time.  If you like twists he had to sneak all the eqiupment in the tower at nights and the figure how to hang the cable acoss 140 feet to the tower....did you ever think how he got the cable across?.   u wont find any more story line then this movie...trust me.  

Meh, if it's like getting across a gorge I would launch a light line across first to pull the heavy one across.  Also if I remember right, hasn't something like this been done again?  I could swear I seen some story about crossing a ravine or something.  I'm really not trying to talk his feat down, it's just not my kind of movie.

Meh, if it's like getting across a gorge I would launch a light line across first to pull the heavy one across.  Also if I remember right, hasn't something like this been done again?  I could swear I seen some story about crossing a ravine or something.  I'm really not trying to talk his feat down, it's just not my kind of movie.

yeah your right it was ony 110 stories high and 1,368 feet.....plus the fact that he walk back and forth for 45 minuites......sat down in the middle and then stretched out laying flat on his back.