LC9 conversion kit

FortKnox

Somehow I'm thinking the LC380 hasn't been a trendsetter and the LC9 is probably not going to stay in the product line much longer. Given the LC9s is working out so well this shouldn't be a surprise if it happens.

They quit making the lc9 about a year ago. I'm sure the lc380s will knock out the lc380 when it comes out too. Why they haven't don't that is beyond me.
The hammer fired LC9 sucks. The trigger pull is heavy and long, even for a defensive DAO gun but that isn't the worst of it. The trigger has a false reset that will cause you problems. After you fire you begin releasing the trigger and about 1/2 way forward you get a very distinct "click". I assumed that was the trigger resetting g but it isn't. If you try to pull the trigger after the first "click" the gun does nothing. You must continue to release it until you hear the second "click", that is the real trigger reset.

She I first got it home I did a function check and thought the gun was broke. But after some research I realized that is the way it is. Then it struck me that not only does it suck but that is a safety issue. Imagine a new shooter firing it the not realize the first "click" is not the actual reset. They think the gun has malfunctioned and release the trigger all the way making it ready to fire when it appears to have suffered a malfunction.

I have been begging my wife to get another pistol but she is reluctant to get rid of her nickeled and engraved LC9.

The LC9s is a great gun. The pro has a little too light of a trigger to be without a manual safety.

The hammer fired LC9 sucks. The trigger pull is heavy and long, even for a defensive DAO gun but that isn't the worst of it. The trigger has a false reset that will cause you problems. After you fire you begin releasing the trigger and about 1/2 way forward you get a very distinct "click". I assumed that was the trigger resetting g but it isn't. If you try to pull the trigger after the first "click" the gun does nothing. You must continue to release it until you hear the second "click", that is the real trigger reset.

She I first got it home I did a function check and thought the gun was broke. But after some research I realized that is the way it is. Then it struck me that not only does it suck but that is a safety issue. Imagine a new shooter firing it the not realize the first "click" is not the actual reset. They think the gun has malfunctioned and release the trigger all the way making it ready to fire when it appears to have suffered a malfunction.

I have been begging my wife to get another pistol but she is reluctant to get rid of her nickeled and engraved LC9.

The LC9s is a great gun. The pro has a little too light of a trigger to be without a manual safety 

I agree with your very concise critical assessment of the LC9, mine was a disappointment and I didn't trust it. Surprisingly the SR22 I purchased in the same timeframe for training purposes continues to please me, even though it and the LC9 share many features. This is certainly due to the fact that I consider the SR22 as a recreational training firearm though and not a serious SDW. Ruger has a history of stumbling and then recovering with a splash and the LC9s is a perfect example of this, I just don't have a desire to purchase one.