New Glock 43

DWARREN123

Went to Tennessee Gun Country yesterday looking at G43s. Richard let me shoot his set up. Nice G43.

Went ahead and picked up one set up like his for a small carry piece.

Going back today to wring it out.

I don't usually go with small pistols but I think I need one for those special times.

• Like 1
I have about 300 rounds through my G43 and I like it just fine. It has eaten every type of ammo I have fed it. I was waiting until it had proven itself to pickup the TLR-6 and holsters. It was the TLR-6 and cheaper Glock night sights that drew me to the 43. I also needed the slightly smaller profile. It is amazing what an eighth or a quarter of an inch here and there does. I will go on record and say that I still think the Shield is a better handling and better built gun.

I don't shoot it as well as my 19, but it's lots nicer to carry.

I agree the 19 is easier to shoot well with and the 26 holds its own with the 19 insofar as hands on shooting goes. But both have more girth then the 43 and when holster width and girth come into play it makes a difference in carry comfort. Particularly so with an IWBH and less then loose fitting clothing. I'm about ready now to go ahead and buy a 43. 

I agree the 19 is easier to shoot well with and the 26 holds its own with the 19 insofar as hands on shooting goes. But both have more girth then the 43 and when holster width and girth come into play it makes a difference in carry comfort. Particularly so with an IWBH and less then loose fitting clothing. I'm about ready now to go ahead and buy a 43. 

Haven't carried my 19 since I got the 43, except to the range.

Went to Tennessee Gun Country yesterday looking at G43s. Richard let me shoot his set up. Nice G43.

Went ahead and picked up one set up like his for a small carry piece.

Going back today to wring it out.

I don't usually go with small pistols but I think I need one for those special times.

Richard is a great guy :up:  . I got mine there too. I was going to wait until around Christmas time to get one but I couldnt stand it so I got one. I LOVE IT . I have shot factory rounds and my own reloads through it. It feeds them just fine. It rides in an Alien Gear holster and I have to sometimes check if it is still there , it is THAT comfortable :up:

Edited by tercel89

Yep, comfortable to carry but almost too small for me and not real comfortable with SD ammo.

I have to have the pinky finger extensions on all my mags to get a good grip.

I put around 120 rounds thru mine. Some were SD ammo and some were range ammo I made to equal the SD ammo.

Sharp recoil!

Yep, comfortable to carry but almost too small for me and not real comfortable with SD ammo.

I have to have the pinky finger extensions on all my mags to get a good grip.

I put around 120 rounds thru mine. Some were SD ammo and some were range ammo I made to equal the SD ammo.

Sharp recoil!

Yeah. You sum things up rather nicely. The G-26 is far more comfortable to shoot but is unfortunately every bit as thick as its larger G-19 counterpart. The proper belt & holster combination and clothing will make concealment and carry both easy and comfortable but a slimmer near pocket 9mm is sweet. Initially I thought the 43 would eliminate the 26 or that 43 sales would taper off and it lose sales volume. Now I think both the 26 and 43 will continue in their own niche markets. 

I think for folks coming from a revolver background shooting the 642-type (lightweight) guns, they will find the 43 easier to shoot.  You should already be used to not having your pinky on the grip (unless you got a longer grip, which some do)...but I really don't find the 43 to have as much kick as those little 642's.  Of course the 642 with +P is just plain awful pain to shoot...love the gun, hate the recoil.  So, moving from that to the 43 is a very pleasant move.  I have mine loaded with Speer Gold Dot 124 +P.  Hundreds and hundreds of rounds down range, various types of ammo, zero malfunctions.  Best wishes, B

I don't shoot it as well as my 19, but it's lots nicer to carry.

I just picked up a 43 and am shooting it consistently left 2-3" @7 yards. Probably me but can't get it straightened out for the life of me. Other than that, really like this little pistol.

I just picked up a 43 and am shooting it consistently left 2-3" @7 yards. Probably me but can't get it straightened out for the life of me. Other than that, really like this little pistol.

I'm betting it's not the gun. Dinky little grip. Even Hickok45 had a problem pulling his shots, and he's real good at it.

• Like 1

That's more the Glock trigger but the grip size is also coming into play. IOW its not the gun its the shooter, you really have to literally learn how to shoot a Glock. If you step away from the Glock platform for a while you have to relearn it again. So, spend some quality time at the range, as should we all, and  see how quickly your groups center themselves.

I'm betting it's not the gun. Dinky little grip. Even Hickok45 had a problem pulling his shots, and he's real good at it.

That's more the Glock trigger but the grip size is also coming into play. IOW its not the gun its the shooter, you really have to literally learn how to shoot a Glock. If you step away from the Glock platform for a while you have to relearn it again. So, spend some quality time at the range, as should we all, and see how quickly your groups center themselves.

Yes I am sure it's me and not the gun. I'm definitely not used to the Glock trigger yet. I tried less/more trigger finger, grip pressure etc. I'll get it figured out eventually. If it continues I'll just bench rest the gun on a sand bag to make sure it's not the rear sight, but guessing that it won't come to that.