TT Gunleather Loses All to Fire

• Administrator

I know there are several other folks here who also use TT Gunleather holsters.  They have been a staple of mine for about 12 years now, and whenever I buy a handgun that I know I might carry, an order would go in to Tim Thurner for a new piece of leather to go on my hip.

I have an order pending with them right now that should be about to ship so I checked their web site to see what orders were completed and going out now, and learned that just this past week they lost everything to a wildfire that swept through the valley where their home and shop was.  The pictures of the devastation were horrible, as Tim and his family escaped with the clothes on their back and the family pets that they were able to quickly herd into the car.

They've posted that they will rebuild and be back in business, but for now they are having to pick up the pieces and try to reassemble their lives.

Terrible stuff.

http://www.ttgunleather.com/

https://www.facebook.com/TTGunLeather-192428270824098/timeline/

• Like 1

Thank's for the information. I'd heard of them but not purchased from them. Given I've been putzing around with my own hobbiest level holster work I hadn't planned on any holster purchases. You've just changed my mind and I'll make an order with these folks once they get up and running again.

• Administrator

Thank's for the information. I'd heard of them but not purchased from them. Given I've been putzing around with my own hobbiest level holster work I hadn't planned on any holster purchases. You've just changed my mind and I'll make an order with these folks once they get up and running again.

If you could be encouraged to put an order in before they get up and running, I am certain every dollar will help them tremendously right now.  I am tempted to order another holster myself just because.

• Like 3

If you could be encouraged to put an order in before they get up and running, I am certain every dollar will help them tremendously right now.  I am tempted to order another holster myself just because.

Certainly, once their website's up and running for ordering I'll submit an order. I'd be interested in seeing if this company would reconsider a relocation to TN given they'll be starting from scratch.

Certainly, once their website's up and running for ordering I'll submit an order. I'd be interested in seeing if this company would reconsider a relocation to TN given they'll be starting from scratch.

While I would welcome them in TN, I don't expect to see a Texan move to Tennessee very often. :rofl:

• Administrator

While I would welcome them in TN, I don't expect to see a Texan move to Tennessee very often. :rofl:

Well he's out in California now.  Not sure if he started in Texas or maybe you're thinking about someone else.

I saw a post on their Facebook page earlier stating that they might have a line on a new shop facility to use.  I hope he can get back up and running soon for his own sanity's sake.  I'm sure it would be a bit of a welcomed distraction to start doing leatherwork again.

• 4 weeks later...