Allstate home insurance?

reed1285

By any chance does anybody here have Allstate home insurance? I have used them for my auto insurance needs for several years. I've only filed one claim and they handled it well. I have never used them for homeowners though, and need to find somebody for my new house we are moving into on Oct 9. I was thinking about combining home and auto to get the discount they always advertise. Anybody here ever filed a home claim with them? Just looking for recommendations. Thanks

FARM BUREAU  :up: I work in the restoration business and deal with all insurance daily. They are the best and usually the cheapest. I have my boat, house and two vehicles insured with them. We just opened an office in Chattanooga and I could see if I can get an agents name for you to talk with if you would like. 

This :up:

Don't know about the rest, but I will never switch from State Farm. When we had a really bad hail storm hit us in 2012, Mr. Roof gave us an estimate for repairs and State Farm said it wasn't high enough. They totaled my wife's car and gave us more than blue book (blue book + our deductible). My truck had to have massive repairs and the body shop's estimate missed something to do with the tailgate. The body shop called to tell me they had issued an adjustment to my insurance company and would continue repairs once they received approval. Maybe two minutes later State Farm called and said the adjustment was approved and the body shop would be continuing with the repairs immediately. Not a single hassle was give while I had a car totaled, truck repaired, rental car provided, and two roofs replaced, for a total of over $30,000. I'm sure they're not the least expensive, but I got the peace of mind for which I was paying.

I have State Farm and have had for about 20 years. Only had 1 claim during that time but was not on house but on my Skeeter Bass Boat.  I hit a rock pile just under surface at J.Percy Priest Lake and damage was well over $4,500.00 to boat and lower unit of motor. Happened on Sunday, called them on Monday at 9 AM. with estimates from two different boat repair places that sent them estimates via fax. I got a call from my agent at 9:15 AM with full approval to repair. I have a buddy that does boat repairs that I could not get in touch with that day but State Farm sent me a check made out to me and I had it on Wednesday and my buddy did all the repairs for the check which was less my $250.00 deductible. I was back on the water in 10 days.  I have my Jeep, Renters and Boat all with them and will not be changing anytime soon.

I was with Allstate for my vehicle 1979 - 2013, and my house 1995 - 2013.

In 2013 *they* decided that I was 0.5 miles too far from the fire station (5.5 miles by road).  The dumped my house coverage (even with a hydrant in my yard), with about a 30 day notice, though I had a great customer rating. They did the same thing to numerous nearby families.  Obviously, I dumped them on vehicles.

They are worthless in my eyes.

B.

Edited by R_Bert

Well, for the time being anyways, I am going to use Allstate just to keep things simpler. The quote they gave me was right on with what I was thinking. I may go "shopping" after the first of the year though, just to see what else is out there. 

ETA: I've come to realize that this subject is so subjective. I've googled reviews for all the companies represented in this post and guess what turns up. A very high number of MOSTLY negative reviews shows up for every one of them. I got to thinking then about how most people in that scenario will only write a review on this kind of thing if its negative. They are upset and mad and angry, and want the world to know it, so they get on the mighty internet to tell the world how bad or evil this insurance company is because of so-and-so. The will to review something positively goes away if the experience is good or acceptable. The bottom line is that in the two days I've been researching all this, I've actually read wayyyy more negative things about all these insurance companies, than positive. 

Edited by reed1285