a few new pistolas

Ron Padilla

an XD mod 2 9mm for the wife and a EX Mod 2 45 for myself, now need to clean them make a few holsters for them Kydex for now, then on to the range for some break in rounds then more cleaning and so the cycle begins for these. I wanted to get the nine for my wife so that she can carry a larger gun with her as she travels. She works for one of the larger hospitals in Nashville and has to travel a lot and at times gets back in the evening hours and want to make sure she can handle a threat. I bought the mod 2 for myself as well after having owned a XDS 45, I really liked that gun but let me son have it so I thought I would get the mod 2.
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what I am figuring as well, I cleaned it all up, lubed it, then loaded a 13 round mag to see how heavy it is and it is about the same as my 1911 clone so I didn't save any weight there but did save in space, so now on to make a holster then the range for testing. I be running a bunch of hand loads that I loaded up with the powder I got from David, should run well.
Took the pistolas out on Friday and ran a bunch of ammo threw the 9 and 45, and real happy with both, my wife fell in love with hers, I really enjoyed the 45, the only thing that does suck about them is the loader that comes with them. The loader could have been better designed, but it is what it is, I will need to pick up a different mag loader, and now need to make a holster for both. I have some leather lined kydex that I am itching to try out on the vacuum press, so will see how that goes.

decided to go with straps on this build, going to do leather with one way snaps for the time being, need to get the one way buttons with a longer stem then can use the rubber coated nylon that I have. had to dye the leather tonight and letting dry then install eeehaw.