Made me aware

Guest Rooster

Guest Rooster

Has anyone else been made aware of how much beer you drink since you got your permit? I have had my permit for several months now and if I go somewhere such as grilling out with friends or to have a beer after work I of coarse unload my gun and put it in the trunk, or not bring it at all if I know that im gonna have a beer. Have any of you stopped drinking all together because you want to be able to carry all the time? Just something I was thinking about yesterday.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

For the most part I only drink at home anymore... With a meal, and not much, at that. I keep plenty of Bud Select stocked, but one 18 bottle case will easily last me, and any guests I have, a month.

I prefer to be armed, and am 99% of the time I'm not at work. But if I have a drink when I'm out, it's because I am unarmed and not driving anytime soon.

I feel a whole lot better about myself now, than I did in my younger, more stupid years... I shouldn't be alive, but since I am and fully realize that... I want to stay this way!

Guest RN MEDIC

That's a very good question. I've always been a " tea totaler" but others are not. This is a subject that affects us all as we DON'T need permit holders having problems having comsumed alcohol then being involved in a shooting, interface with LEO'S etc. In Tennesee I would NOT want to be a permit holder trying to justify in court why I had consumed alcohol THEN got involved with a firearm even if totally in the right.

My friends who do consume alcohol from time to time on various occasions and who have a permit/carry make it a safety practice to designate one person as the driver even with very small amount of consumption just to keep it safe and so as not to reflect badly on others with a permit.

Just a few thoughts. Respectfully, RN

I don't drink when I am carrying. Period.

That about sums it up for me as well.

With rights come responsibilities. And as unfair as it would be, one person behaving badly and getting in trouble impacts all of us.

Guest GlocKingTN
I guess in this regard I am fortunate, because I don't drink at all.

As neither do I! And havent in about 15 years.:D

Guest Steelharp

I dron't dink... jush so not it matters, anywhooooooooooo... :D

Ok... really, I don't anymore. Years ago, I would tip a few, but it's been a while. Leaves me more gun money... :D

I used to drink a lot. Just grew up and found a good reason to not drink excessively. I married her.

I do still drink a little. No compunction against it at all. Enjoying getting high is part of the human genome. Even if no one is drinking, generally I'd rather be around social drinkers than non-drinkers. That isn't true if they are problem drinkers. As I said, I grew up.

As I recall, some states do allow you to carry and drink. Personally, I think this is sensible, although I'm sure others are convinced there will be blood running out from the door of the bar if people are allowed to drink and pack. Like almost all dire predictions about gun carry, it just doesn't actually happen. People who pack legally also use common sense. The ones you have to watch are the ones drinking and packing without a permit. If I'm around them, I think it is only sensible that I have a gun too.

Like a few of you guys, I don't drink in public anymore because I'm always carrying.

when I drink at home, I unload the pistols and put them up.

I drink socially, but its usually whiskey, not beer..and I rarely have more than 1..2 at the most. Usually, those sorts of things are done at my house rather than in public. I canNOT stand not being in control of myself. I did that once and it wasn't something I want to revisit. I can have a beer when I'm carrying, if its at my brothers' house and I'm going to be there all day...but usually its only one...where others are concerned, like Mars, and a few of the other veterans here...It wouldn't bother me to see them armed and tip back a few...They know what a wound tunnel looks like..and I'm sure they're very picky about who gets one for christmas...:D. As for the rest, I'm sure that they use discretion as the better part of valor..

Like James Brown said "Don't start none, won't be none!"