Beretta vs Sig Sauer customer service

espacef1fan

Unless your dealer can handle it with them, Beretta will generally not pay the shipping on a repair, even for a new gun.

I had to pay shipping to get a new NEOS fixed, which it wasn't. Raised some hell, and they paid shipping the second time and it got fixed correctly.

Probably not an issue for their mainstream firearms, which wouldn't need repair in the first place.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1

I've read a lot about crappy service from Beretta on the Beretta forum.net.  I have a PX4 that hasn't given me any trouble, I joined the forum after it was gifted to me. Like OS said, they will not pay shipping and they only offer a 2 year warranty. I expect better from the world's oldest gun maker. As far as Sig goes, I have no clue.

A few months ago a customer came to us with a Sig P232 (380) that had a defective take-down latch.  I contacted Sig and they asked us to ship the pistol to them.  They did not ask if the owner was the original owner, if there was a warranty registration on file, or any other qualifying questions.  About a month after sending out this pistol it came back with a new take-down latch installed.  The owner paid only the shipping costs to the repair station.  Sig paid for the parts, labor and return shipping.  Very happy experience for the owner.

Beretta, on the other hand, has been resistant to assist or cooperate with our service requests for a long time.  They do accept service requests, but make the caller feel like they (Beretta) are going out of their way to grant you an exception, IF they do accept the project.  My impression is that they concern themselves only with selling new products and then leave the owner to their own devices when problems arrive.

Stumpy

I had very much the opposite experience with Sig regarding a P232 with a take down lever issue. I am not the original owner of the pistol, but the warranty documentation that came in the box claims it's transferable. They declined to honor that particular provision. When pressed they required a $200 cleaning fee followed by parts and labor for the repair. I could buy a new one for the repair price they quoted. That pistol sits on the Wall of Shame to this day.

I have no experience with Beretta's service.

I had very much the opposite experience with Sig regarding a P232 with a take down lever issue. I am not the original owner of the pistol, but the warranty documentation that came in the box claims it's transferable. They declined to honor that particular provision. When pressed they required a $200 cleaning fee followed by parts and labor for the repair. I could buy a new one for the repair price they quoted. That pistol sits on the Wall of Shame to this day.

I have no experience with Beretta's service.

I had a similar CS issue with Sig. Mine is an older P series. Seems to be that one needs to go through a dealer and not by one's self when dealing with them.
  • 2 months later...

Have a couple of Beretta's never any problems with the pistols one hiccup with a magazine for a PX4, received great customer service, called told them what i thought the  problem was, they agreed and replaced the mag right away. Couldn't ask for anything better.