New from the forge, a fighter and a utility blade

Spent some time in the forge yesterday. Time for blacksmith work is short, I work 6 and 7 12's at an automotive factory now, so I rarely have days off. But when I do, I like to do unique stuff. This is a Tanto utility blade, 6" blade, 11" overall, and a full tang, long clip fighter. 10 1/8", 15.5" overall, made from a hoof rasp. Both are forge tempered for strength, home logged, milled and cut oak handles.

20150907_132947_zpsretsdpxk.jpg
20150907_121220_zps4inmxmi5.jpg
20150907_103837_zpsgd3it7ho.jpg
20150907_163938_zpshv7gjtbf.jpg
20150907_115156_zpsueunk9n4.jpg
20150907_192658_zps11ju3kam.jpg
20150907_152150_zpsoqt7742s.jpg
20150907_192655_zpsjsrk2nmt.jpg
20150907_205628_zpskqdhcwra.jpg

Sent from the backwoods

• Like 4
  • 1 month later...
Thanks guys, I always enjoy making anything in the forge, and hope to improve my skills steadily

I got to tell you my friend your work is impeccable I love everything about it looks like you're really blessed man and you have some wonderful talents! You sir are an example of the "The real deal " !

As are you. I really want to try my hand at knife making with stock removal to get the super clean lines and finishes guys like your and GT have.

Sent from behind the anvil

Thanks guys, I always enjoy making anything in the forge, and hope to improve my skills steadily
As are you. I really want to try my hand at knife making with stock removal to get the super clean lines and finishes guys like your and GT have.

Sent from behind the anvil

I really like the clean lines of the knives that people make on this forum but there is also something special about the raw and rugged knives from your forge. It takes serious skill to produce either type. Keep up the great work!