How do we address this? Do we reload or simply buy "Marked Ammo"?

Guest MidTNShooter

Guest MidTNShooter

I read this link from one of my other forums. When I saw Sen.Kennedy state Tennessee, I thought OMG !!!!

Let me know what you think..... better yet.... What should we do.

Reload

Purchase Ammo now before it's too late

Tell Them To KOA's and send more money to Our NRA

or D) All Of The Above

http://www.nraila.org/Issues/Articles/Read.aspx?id=289&issue=005

Take Care,

MTS

P.S. I am looking for a Dillon Press, who is selling?

A week after endorsing Sen. Barack Obama for President, Ten Kennedy introduced a bill in Congress to mandate micro-stamping nationwide.

In the last year, so-called “encoded” or “serialized” ammunition bills have been introduced in 13 states—Arizona, Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee and Washington. Their goal: Destroy our Right to Keep and Bear Arms.

All of these bills would prohibit the manufacture and sale of ammunition, unless the bullets and cartridge cases are marked with a code and registered to the owners in a computerized database. Most would also require gun owners to forfeit any non-coded ammunition they possess. For example, Arizonas bill says, “Beginning January 1, 2011, a private citizen or a retail vendor shall dispose of all noncoded ammunition that is owned or held by the citizen or vendor.” Tennessee’s says, “All non-coded ammunition . . . shall be disposed.” And in Pennsylvania, “An owner of ammunition . . . not encoded by the manufacturer . . . shall dispose of the ammunition.

These bills include no compensation for the loss of millions of rounds of privately owned ammunition. But that’s not the point. Nor is the fact that ammunition encoding hasn’t been tested, let alone proven. Nor is the fact that criminals would easily figure out the numerous, obvious ways to beat ammunition registration.

Edited by MidTNShooter
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Astra900

I've seen this crap before. It's nothing right now. Someday perhaps.

I'd like to see them ban my Lyman and Hensley & Gibbs molds. Boolits for life!!! Just gotta stock pile primers and powder.

Guest TN.Frank

It'll never happen, it'll cost too much right now to implement. As far as reloading, they're talking about putting "tracers" into the powder that you'd buy so that'd not be a way around it either. Only real way around it if it ever happens is to buy a flintlock, learn how to make your own black powder, knapp your own flints, cast your own balls and then you'll not have to worry about it at all,LOL.

while i think this is a bunch of BS, honestly it won't affect me. criminals, maybe. but yes reloading would be the way around it. however if this bill was passed, anyone caught with reloads or "untraceable rounds" would be arrested.

I do not doubt reloading components will be required to be stamped with some sort of ID.

I would pretty much figure that "rolling your own" will still have to fall under compliance with the law.

How enforcable would this be? I dunno, but I am guessing getting caught outside the law will be no better then than it is now.

Guest TN.Frank
Tracers in our powder? WTF?

Explain that please.

They add small specs of stuff to the powder that won't burn and it'll have an identifying number on it. You mean you've not heard about it. It's kind of like the little confittie paper in a TASER charge but in gunpowder instead.

Guest MidTNShooter
They add small specs of stuff to the powder that won't burn and it'll have an identifying number on it. You mean you've not heard about it. It's kind of like the little confittie paper in a TASER charge but in gunpowder instead.

Can ya hear that?............. Listen harder..........

The Black Helicopters are coming in full throttle (haha)

I am more worried about about the "other gun owners" (not this forum) who are not informed , who will go out and buy up all the Extra Rounds From Wally World. I have been keeping my brass for the last two years in hopes of savings some money by reloading when I go to the range.

As for tracer "Specks" or identifiable C.S.I. "marks", I am cool with that. I think it would be tough to ID someone who goes to more than one dealer in any given twenty mile radious.

Now, enough with the helicopters and back to "Joe-Six-Pack-Who-Bought-His-First-Pistol-Because-It-Was-Cool-Or-For-Protection-Purposes". Wow, what a mouthful !

I am more worried about the many who will storm the SUPER STORES to buy up all the white box bulk ammo at a minutes notice. The guy who "whore-ds" the milk line when it snows. When push comes to shove and the wallet starts talking, I want a fair price for a fair shot (no pun intended).

Can a supplier offer a group deal to a forum? I am looking at a Dillon 650 to save money (forget the current situation), but under the circumstances the time is now to save.

I have looked online for bulk ammo dealers and have found a slew of great prices for stuff I wouldn't want to put in my wife's weapon. I have about 8-9K of brass and will ask Santa Clause for something special this Christmas.

The Second Thing I'm asking for is a AR-15 Lower. Maybe send it to my local FFL, who will sign it to my son who is going to the Corps in June ?!?!?!?!

Take Care All........ Till Next Time,

MTS

Guest MidTNShooter
So let them mark the ammo, besides adding to ammo cost which is BS why would an honest gun owner give a rats ass.

The cost ARE.... BS ! Wally World stated that the cost is relevant to the gas prices. Now I want my bulk ammo prices droped like my gas prices.

MTS

So let them mark the ammo, besides adding to ammo cost which is BS why would an honest gun owner give a rats ass.

Well, if i was shooting stamped ammo at the range, some criminal came by and got my brass. Then he shoots someone, picks up his brass and drops mine. All of a sudden I'm a murderer. That's one scary proposition.

Well, if i was shooting stamped ammo at the range, some criminal came by and got my brass. Then he shoots someone, picks up his brass and drops mine. All of a sudden I'm a murderer. That's one scary proposition.

You really think the average gangbanger goes to a range? Or reloads?

Guest bigsack
You really think the average gangbanger goes to a range? Or reloads?

but when ammo is over $1 a round i think the gangbangers may consider reloading...

and when that happens we will know w/o a doubt that the end is near

but when ammo is over $1 a round i think the gangbangers may consider reloading...

not in a million years, never. No doubt they would burglarize a residence or business to get ammo. Heck they could hijack a walmart truck easier than loading their own rounds

not in a million years, never. No doubt they would burglarize a residence or business to get ammo. Heck they could hijack a walmart truck easier than loading their own rounds

That would be my only fear for this scenario. If I had "marked" ammo, and it was stolen from me. That would suck, and the red tape would be long and hard to cut through. It would be a major inconvenience for the honest gun owner, and would not affect the criminal at all...as with most gun laws.

Because as an honest gun owner they have no need to mark my ammo. It's allowing these 'little' battles to go unchallenged that we end up with major restrictions.

I'm a law-abiding citizen with a clean record - there's zero reason I should have to register my firearms or ammunition or face any other 'gun control' measures that only reduce my rights.