Beretta M9A3 release date?

espacef1fan

I know this new model uses new "anti sand" 17 round mags, but unclear as to whether it's compatible with standard 92FS/M9 15 and 17 round mags also? Rather significant if one already have a stash of them.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

The only reason people even buy that spaghetti-bender BS is because it's "Mil Spec" so all the tacticool kiddies can pretend to be Operator. SA/DA pistols are stupid. The only thing the Italians are good at making in the ordnance/firearms realm is Anti-Tank Land Mines (VS-1.2 and Val 69 in particular). The fact that we chose the pistol makes me hate it even more. Stupid trigger. Stupid aesthetics. Stupid Beretta.
Grrrrrrrr.
/RantOff

Me too ! I wouldn't offend a Glock by offering 25ACP casings. I would have to offer at least $400. 
Unless it's a .40 SW - then I'll melt it.

If it is a .40 Cal I feel the same.
However - I wouldn't walk if it as free - that would be offensive to the Brand, I pay for Perfection ;)

Lol FanBoiStuff.

Do not get me started on .40SW Crossfire lol.

The Beretta 92 is considered by many to be one of the sexiest pistols ever made. I don't understand why you hate it so much, but opinions are like assholes.

But, to be clear.. I love the DA/SA platform. Does this make me stupid?

The one feature that I do like is how you can convert it from Decocker/safety to Decock Only like a "G" model by simple means .   I converted a Beretta Cougar made in the 90's to a "G" on my own a few years ago and the darn springs were a $itch to put back in , so hopefully this new feature will make the slide less complex. If so and the price is right then I may THINK about one . I believe CZ did this to their newer polymer pistol a while back.  

Edited by tercel89

No, it just means you weren't afraid to learn trigger control. :up:

Amen!

DA/SA isn't that bad, and if you can shoot that trigger system, you shouldn't have any problem shooting anything.

Not saying I like Beretta, I'm an HK guy myself, but DA/SA is a pretty good system IMO. All things considered, I think DA/SA with the option to go cocked and locked (like some HKs) is the best option available. With the HK LEM in a very close second.
  • Like 1

DA/SA is my preferred carry option. Hammer down on live round with no need for a safety because of the longer trigger pull. ...

Beretta 92/M9 has firing pin block also, can't go off with hammer down even with impact on it. I suppose most current SA/DA are same?

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Ok, we got one in. Comes in an ammo type box with three mags, night sights, threaded barrel... interesting packaging. Still an upgraded Vertec. It's nice, I guess. Not my cup o' tea, but...

Got a 92FS or M9 in stock too?  Still wondering if the standard 15 round mags fit?

TIA

- OS

Sacrilege Alert!  I keep wanting to like the Beretta pistols, but I just can't seem to. I sell every one I get.

The only one I have kept is a Desert Storm Commerative. And sometimes I think of selling it.

I don't hate them. I don't think there's anything wrong with them. I just don't like them.

Yes, the mags are interchangeable. They fit perfectly.

Really appreciate that man. Dunno why that's not mentioned anywhere as a plus right off the bat.

Not that I'll necessarily ever get one of these,  but if all my existing mags didn't fit, I for sure wouldn't. Just like I didn't get involved with the Springfield XDM.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

$1,000 ? GOOD LAWD .

Yeah that's where I'm at too. I always ponder getting some form of M9, but never actually buy one. I like this new one, but there's now way I like it at $1100. I'd buy a SIG or HK or something else for that money. If you're a Beretta guy, I can understand that price if you REALLY want one. 

Probably will be able to grab one on GunBroker for hundreds less in a few months...

They're selling at/near MSRP right now because it's new and people have been waiting for awhile.

I predict eventual "street prices" around $8-900, which is pretty much what people are paying for the SIG aluminum guns.

Honestly, given their longevity, the market has made guns cheaper than they probably ought to be.  (Which is a good thing!)  Even a modest shooting schedule will shoot most guns' purchase price worth of ammunition pretty quickly.