Beretta M9A3 release date?

espacef1fan

Perhaps since it was nixed for consideration by the military in whatever bizarre and muddled process that is supposedly underway, it's not as high a priority to get it out there anymore?

- OS

Kinda what I was thinking. But wasn't it just the army that nixed it?
  • 1 month later...

Update - M9A3 is now shipping! 

I will be waiting to see prices and read reviews. I have considered a M9A2 for a while and handled the M9A3 at the NRA convention and really liked it. Will see how things go, this may end up being my next purchase.

http://www.gunsandammo.com/news/beretta-m9a3-now-shipping/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=editorial&utm_term=gunsandammo&utm_content=gunsandammo

If it has Made in Tennessee stamped on the frame I'll add it to the "To Buy" list otherwise probably not. But FWIW I do consider it a solid upgrade to the 92FS I have stashed away in the gun safe. I'm not letting it get away either, it might be big and clunky but it goes bang every time I want it to and is more accurate than I'm capable of proving with it.

• Like 3

I'm disappointed in the price. A solid grand? I'll keep my regular 92FS.

Couple of pre-order places had it at $880. It'll probably settle down to 800 or less after a while. Probably a good bit less once initial demand is met.

Hell, a regular 92FS in stainless is seven bills.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1

I had a regular Beretta M9 and I liked it and all but talk of these new ones being more than $700  is just stupid in my opinion.

Price a Colt 1911 or one of the better known big name 1911's and you'll find $700.00 is a lot less than you think it is. For that matter there are a lot of other pistols that are in the above seven Benjamin's price range  

I wouldnt give a bag of 25ACP shells and a half eaten balogne sandwich for a Beretta regardless of where it was made.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

So how do you really feel about Berettas, Comms? :stir:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rock:

Edited by crossfire

So how do you really feel about Berettas, Comms? :stir:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rock:

The only reason people even buy that spaghetti-bender BS is because it's "Mil Spec" so all the tacticool kiddies can pretend to be Operator. SA/DA pistols are stupid. The only thing the Italians are good at making in the ordnance/firearms realm is Anti-Tank Land Mines (VS-1.2 and Val 69 in particular). The fact that we chose the pistol makes me hate it even more. Stupid trigger. Stupid aesthetics. Stupid Beretta.

Grrrrrrrr.

/RantOff

That's exactly how I feel about glocks. Who woulda thunk it?

Me too ! I wouldn't offend a Glock by offering 25ACP casings. I would have to offer at least $400. 

Unless it's a .40 SW - then I'll melt it.

smilielol5.gif My favorite saying is “I wouldn’t walk across the street to get a Glock for free; if I had to keep it.”

If it is a .40 Cal I feel the same.

However - I wouldn't walk if it as free - that would be offensive to the Brand, I pay for Perfection ;)

Lol FanBoiStuff.

Do not get me started on .40SW Crossfire lol.

• Like 2

The only reason people even buy that spaghetti-bender BS is because it's "Mil Spec" so all the tacticool kiddies can pretend to be Operator. SA/DA pistols are stupid. The only thing the Italians are good at making in the ordnance/firearms realm is Anti-Tank Land Mines (VS-1.2 and Val 69 in particular). The fact that we chose the pistol makes me hate it even more. Stupid trigger. Stupid aesthetics. Stupid Beretta.

Grrrrrrrr.

/RantOff

Do not get me started on .40SW Crossfire lol.

Say what you want about Beretta and .40SW and tacticcool kiddies, but drop the spaghetti- bender :poop: , some of us WOP's could take that the wrong way. lol :cheers:

Edited by crossfire
  • Like 4

I have no love for the Beretta 92 system or Glock platform but both or deritives of their platforms dominate the defensive pistol world. I want to have the knowhow and skillsets to pick up any firearm I'm likely to come across and use it competently if the need arrises. So, I purchase a representative sample and train extensivly with it. I also try to intentiaonally make the weapon fail so I can learn to either prevent the failure or rapidly resolve it. I used to have access to class 3 weapons at a gunshop I worked in and did this with several weapons platforms. What I've learned is I might hate a particular handgun, rifle or shotgun but I know how to use the tool.

Edited by TNWNGR
  • Like 2