Boating courtesy

• 2 weeks later...

Some people grow up boating and out on the water and they know what is common boating courtesy is.

Then there are these other people, likely the majority now days. They buy a boat because you can just go sign a dotted line and get one, no licensing or training at all as long as it doesn't sink they are ok. They aren't taught what is right or wrong on the water or what is accepted common courtesy. Most don't know how red/green correlates to left/right.

You nailed it. All you need for a boat is money for the boat & registration. Ridiculous, but that's the way it is. Actually, not much better

with an automobile.

I don't know much about boats... had to use one during my last job but mostly we stayed away from others.   I never would have considered 100 feet to be "too close" to pass by someone.     Probably, neither would 90% of the folks out there.   

The ramp at the state park at Center Hill Lake is a bit steep. I had a '96 F150 with a manual trans and I'd drive the boat onto the trailer and have my wife pull it out. Steep ramp + manual trans + foot operated parking brake + nervous wife is a dangerous combination. I needed a seat belt because she'd release the brake, pop the clutch, and smoke tires pulling me out. :D

The ramp at the state park at Center Hill Lake is a bit steep. I had a '96 F150 with a manual trans and I'd drive the boat onto the trailer and have my wife pull it out. Steep ramp + manual trans + foot operated parking brake + nervous wife is a dangerous combination. I needed a seat belt because she'd release the brake, pop the clutch, and smoke tires pulling me out. :D

Some of those ramps on center hill are scary. You ever out in at Indian Creek? That whole drive down to the lake is terrible.