Got my permit in the mail today :)

Guest dpeneguy

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bah! Stop reminding me, I try to put it out of my mind but every day I still rush to the mailbox and it's never there. Of course it hasn't even been 4 weeks yet, but the wait is tougher than I expected it to be.

1 month and 1 day from the time I turned in my APP . Came alot faster then I expected ;)

Congradulations..and welcome to the club :)

Guest jsdavenport

Congrats!! I think it took me 4 weeks as well. I was leaving the house and checked the mail on the way down the drive way. As soon as I saw it, I turned around and went back in and got a pistol. lol

Congratulations on receiving a piece of paper that gives you the priviledge that the Constitution deemed a right so many years ago.That being said, glad to have you in the club. Be vigilante, and be safe. You are not a police officer, just a good citizen doing his part to not be a victim.

Guest Boomhower
Bah! Stop reminding me, I try to put it out of my mind but every day I still rush to the mailbox and it's never there. Of course it hasn't even been 4 weeks yet, but the wait is tougher than I expected it to be.

My thoughts too. This Thursday will be 4 weeks for me. I wasn't worried about then, but it's starting to get to me now.

Oh and congrats dpeneguy!!!

Guest Phantom6
My thoughts too. This Thursday will be 4 weeks for me. I wasn't worried about then, but it's starting to get to me now.

Oh and congrats dpeneguy!!!

Ha, ha, ha. Tough it out guys. It won't be much longer now. ;)

Oh yeah, congrats dpeneguy!:)

Guest mrnord

Welcome to the club! Carry with Pride, carry with Courage, carry with Caution...BTW, mine came :):D in exactly 16 DAYS! :rock:;)

Carl

Guest mrnord
Whoa...that's gotta be a record for TN:eek:

Well, I had to provide a Consular Report of Birth Abroad. I was born in Taiwan. My birth cirtificate from the American Naval Hospital at Taipei was not good enough to show citizenship and proof of identity. So after having to go through all of that, the lady at my local DOS office promised to put a rush on it. so...if you count the time it took to get the C.R.B.A., AND my carry permit it was actually 12 weeks and 2 days.

Carl

:D I just got from my first trip to the store with it on .

OK!!! :D

I'm guessing that you concealed carried.

After a while you get used to having it on and stop worrying if someone spots it and it doesn't feel right to be without it.

BTW, if you like to wear caps, I think a gun related one makes a great security blanket for casual carry. Most people won't think twice about you having a gun on your hip if you have openly declared yourself to be a gun aficionado. They tend to assume you know the law and what you are doing.

Just make sure they are right. Study the law and train for what could happen.