Carrying to a Sounds game??

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

If it's not posted, then you can legally carry. No doubt about it. I don't know if they search/wand or not like they do at the unposted Bridgestone. If they do, then while it's still legal, it's not going to get past the minumum wage "security" guards if the wand hits on it. Real world vs. legal world at work there.

If it's posted, then nobody really knows for sure. It would seem that by a plain reading of the new law changes and from the AG's recent opinion on it, that it would be OK to carry. But Nashville's attorney says it's not on the grounds that sitting and observing a performance is not "recreating" as you're not involved in the recreational activity. I don't think that will hold up, but it's going to take a court case to decide it.

If/when I go if they're not wanding I'll be carrying because I think the Nashville attorney is full of it.

Edited by monkeylizard

If it's not posted, then you can legally carry. No doubt about it.

If it's posted, then nobdodit really knows for sure. It would seem that by a plain reading of the law and from the AG's opinion, that it would be OK to carry. But Nashville's attorney says it's not on the grounds that sitting and observing a performance is not "recreating" as you're not involved in the recreational activity. I don't think that will hold up, but it's going to take a court case to decide it.

Hey if I have a glove in my hand waiting on that foul ball I'm participating. :up: Thanks for the help. I figured this answer would be the same as all the other places. Just wondering now if anyone has been to a game at the new venue and if they check for anything.

I don't know if its posted, but from their website:
http://www.milb.com/content/page.jsp?ymd=20100201&content_id=8006318&sid=t556&vkey=team3

Prohibited Items
The following items are not allowed into First Tennessee Park at any time:

· Alcohol

· Brooms/broomsticks

· Cans

· Coolers

· Food

· Glass Containers

· Laser Pointers

· Lawn Chairs

· Selfie Sticks

· Throwing Items

· Tripods

· Umbrellas

· Weapons (with or without permit)

Both the NFL and the MLB ban firearms from their games. I assume the MLB policy also applies to their minor leagues. That's their policy, but that does not mean it's legally enforceable. At the very least, they'd have to be posted in accordance with 39-17-1359 to have a snowball's chance of claiming it to be unlawful to carry with a permit. The same is true of Nissan Stadium. Someone's going to have to be a test case at one of these properties (or a similar one like Ascend Amphitheater) to know for sure.

Time to get it tested.  Go ahead and carry....we'll be rooting for ya :popcorn:

I mean the way the law reads its legal and they won't know I have it either way so it's not that point I'm really worried about. I just want to avoid the long walk back to the truck if they are checking and really don't want to leave it in the truck period.