New carry gun in 7.62x39

How the heck do you get enough leverage to work the bolt on that thing? LOL They tend to be hard enough to open as it is.

Just run it like a Russian would.... whack the crap out of it.  Mine's actually really smooth.

And just to be clear... that's an NFA item.  It's either a DD or AOW, I forget which.

• Moderators

Just run it like a Russian would.... whack the crap out of it. Mine's actually really smooth.

And just to be clear... that's an NFA item. It's either a DD or AOW, I forget which.

I thought I remember something about some being imported into the country as pistols. I could be wrong but that would just make it a 4473.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And just to be clear... that's an NFA item.  It's either a DD or AOW, I forget which.

I guess it's still SBR, even though no shoulder stock, as SBR definition includes "...and any weapon made from a rifle (whether by alteration, modification, or otherwise) if such weapon, as modified, has an overall length of less than twenty-six inches."

I suppose if one could actually score a Mosin action that had never been assembled as a rifle, could be a legal pistol.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

*shakes head* So essentally its a 115+/- year old design 70+ year old Mares Leg​ cut down bolt action something or other then? Overall kudos on the cool factor and whoever did the work is talented. I'm curious as to how it falls into the NFA given the absence of a shoulder stock.

*shakes head* So essentally its a 115+/- year old design 70+ year old Mares Leg​ cut down bolt action something or other then? Overall kudos on the cool factor and whoever did the work is talented. I'm curious as to how it falls into the NFA given the absence of a shoulder stock.

See above. Doesn't have to have a stock to be SBR.

First a rifle, always a rifle, only question is whether it's GCA or SBR.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Modifications similar to that...and machine guns...are the whole reason the NFA was first enacted in 1934.

Modifications similar to that...and machine guns...are the whole reason the NFA was first enacted in 1934.

Yeah, pretty much knew that but the NFA did away with a lot of commercially manufactured firearms and such. Just think of it ordering a Thompson SMG, Colt Monitor (BAR), cane guns, 14'' barrel Trapper rifles all via US Mail, delivered right to your door.  

Don't guess it has to make sense for me to still want one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And that sums it up in a nutshell! Its an exercise in creativity and demonstration of mechanical skills all in one neat, compact, fire breathing, wrist thumping package.