New carry gun in 7.62x39

Not legal in the US unless it is registered as a NFA device.

Basically shotguns, with smooth bores, can't be pistols and pistols, with rifled barrels, cannot have a bore larger than .500". 12 gauge bore diameter is ~.73" in diameter.

Yeah, I know...but I could swear Ive seen one online somewhere, lol.

https://instagram.com/p/4j05uoi0BP/

There is a picture of the ports. Not sure I want to shoot it with the ports facing backwards.

But I suspect the pressures never really get to full 7.62x39 pressures because of the porting and short barrel. I would really like to see the same pistol with a 10" barrel and no porting. I bet it would not survive.

https://instagram.com/p/4j05uoi0BP/

There is a picture of the ports. Not sure I want to shoot it with the ports facing backwards.

But I suspect the pressures never really get to full 7.62x39 pressures because of the porting and short barrel. I would really like to see the same pistol with a 10" barrel and no porting. I bet it would not survive.

Probably not, but they get up there...

2" Barrel

7.62x39h110short_zpsm7im8mt6.jpg

16" Barrel...

7.62x39h110normal_zpssrwd8koe.jpg

Probably not, but they get up there...

2" Barrel

7.62x39h110short_zpsm7im8mt6.jpg

16" Barrel...

7.62x39h110normal_zpssrwd8koe.jpg

BIG difference in pressures between 2" and 10", ~30K at 2" and over 50K at 10". I seriously doubt it can stand an increase of that much. But hey, it was never designed to work with a long barrel so it is a moot point anyway.

Curious though, what are the numbers with A1680 as the powder? It is considered the "AK" powder.

BIG difference in pressures between 2" and 10", ~30K at 2" and over 50K at 10". I seriously doubt it can stand an increase of that much. But hey, it was never designed to work with a long barrel so it is a moot point anyway.

Curious though, what are the numbers with A1680 as the powder? It is considered the "AK" powder.

Read the lower right hand corner box in pinkish. 2" reaches 50,000 psi. doesn't account for ports, though. I figure that drops it some, maybe a lot.

1680 is almost identical. A little slower, and requires a little more.

• Moderators
[quote name="darsk20" post="1297902" timestamp="1440005680"]Now you have me thinking. If only SKS'S were still $70 a pop.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk[/quote

That was a Mosin...not SKS. Maybe you knew that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[quote name="CZ9MM" post="1297904" timestamp="1440006119"][quote name="darsk20" post="1297902" timestamp="1440005680"]Now you have me thinking. If only SKS'S were still $70 a pop.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk[/quote

That was a Mosin...not SKS. Maybe you knew that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]
Yep, I did, but thanks for the clarification just in case.

Comment was more about the 7.62x39 round and doing something similar with an SKS.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk