A new shade of ugly...Gray Glock 17

I'm a Glock guy so when I ran across a 17 in the new gray finish I had to have one of the ugly things. I like the new color. Since I can't leave anything alone I did a couple things to it today. Did a little trigger work, installed stainless parts, FO front sight and decided to polish the barrel. Doesn't look too bad.

They also had a few models in Barney Purple but I'm not that far gone yet.

Bad cell pics.

IMG_20150817_180125_zpsiwa9npke.jpg

IMG_20150817_180219_zps9qaaslr3.jpg

IMG_20150817_180019_zpswdvc8yrc.jpg

• Like 2

I disagree. I think that would detract from the look.

I think it would help the look. lol

Before I left the shop we put a nickel boron slide on the gray frame. It looked really good.

Vindication! lol

Hey that's what makes it interesting. Differences.
I love my Glock 17 and have been shooting it alot. But the only way your making a Glock look good is putting the guts in a 1911 frame. I got a Glock because it's a tool. It's ugly and utilitarian and the perfect definition of function over form. And that's what I love about it. Can't say I'm a fan of the grey, I prefer the all black look.

Sent from the backwoods

Before I left the shop we put a nickel boron slide on the gray frame. It looked really good.

Vindication! lol

Hey that's what makes it interesting. Differences.

au contraire.    If I'm not mistaken, nickel boron has more of a sliver tint than the gray frame in question.   In that case, I would agree that probably does look good since there would be some contrast between the slide and the frame.    My argument was based on the frame and slide in matching colors.     

I can't believe I'm arguing the aesthetic attributes of a Glock.   Everyone knows there's no good way to make a Glock look good.   :)

Yep. It's like polishing a turd. I have 3 of them, but I didn't buy them for looks.

That said, while I'm not a fan of the gray, it's nice to see something besides black, FDE, and clown colors on a polymer framed handgun.

Edited by monkeylizard

Yep. It's like polishing a turd. I have 3 of them, but I didn't buy them for looks.

That said, while I'm not a fan of the gray, it's nice to see something besides black, FDE, and clown colors on a polymer framed handgun.

Hey, Mythbusters proved it's possible to polish a turd....  http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/mythbusters/videos/polishing-a-turd-minimyth/

But I doubt even that would help a Glock.  :)

• Like 1
They also had a few models in Barney Purple but I'm not that far gone yet.

I'm trying to get my friend into owning a gun, and she only gets interested when I tell her how I know a business (Amendment 2 Custom Coatings) that can make it purple for her.  If that's what it takes, who am I to argue as long as she does it to a Glock and not something pretty like an H&K or Walther.

I'm trying to get my friend into owning a gun, and she only gets interested when I tell her how I know a business (Amendment 2 Custom Coatings) that can make it purple for her. If that's what it takes, who am I to argue as long as she does it to a Glock and not something pretty like an H&K or Walther.

Fwiw, the other lipsey's exclusive is purple frames.

Fwiw, the other lipsey's exclusive is purple frames.

I'd rather just get it on a good sale or used in good condition, let Amendment 2 Custom Coatings color it up nicely and have a win for my pocket while supporting local business who does great work and supports TGO.