Went thru HCP class this weekend

Guest johnmattwill

Guest johnmattwill

Just have to say I had a ball. Was in the class up in Grienbrier at Guns and Leather on Sat. If anyone is looking to take the class, I would recommend it. Really had an enjoyable 8 hours, the people there are topnotch in my book.

Now, ;):) Going to the DMV in the morning to start the countdown!!!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Astra900
Just have to say I had a ball. Was in the class up in Grienbrier at Guns and Leather on Sat. If anyone is looking to take the class, I would recommend it. Really had an enjoyable 8 hours, the people there are topnotch in my book.

Now, :):) Going to the DMV in the morning to start the countdown!!!

8 Hours?!?!?!?!;) I didn't realize I was this out of touch. I've had my permit for over 10 years now, I think it took me like 3 hours, and and hour of that was watching the instructor (retired FBI sniper) take some insane and impossible shots on the rifle course. Jeez, I'll have to make double-damn sure I don't let mine lapse, I can't do anything for 8 hours straight!

Guest bkelm18
8 Hours?!?!?!?!;) I didn't realize I was this out of touch. I've had my permit for over 10 years now, I think it took me like 3 hours, and and hour of that was watching the instructor (retired FBI sniper) take some insane and impossible shots on the rifle course. Jeez, I'll have to make double-damn sure I don't let mine lapse, I can't do anything for 8 hours straight!

I believe the state mandates 8 hrs now.

Guest RISC777

Now, :confused::) Going to the DMV in the morning to start the countdown!!!

Well, there's at least three TGO members starting the waiting game tomorrow.

If my employer has any problem with a long lunch... oh, well.

AFAIK it has always been 8 hours, brokedown into 4 hours classroom and 4 hours on the range.

I remember when i took mine it was more like... 6 1\2 hours class and 30 minutes range. Just wow.

Guest Astra900
AFAIK it has always been 8 hours, brokedown into 4 hours classroom and 4 hours on the range.

Well:rolleyes:???

We met around 5pm at the range, he already had the targets set up, he gave us a 5min safety speech, there were 5 or 6 of us, we all shot at the same time, 48 rounds; 12 at about 10 yards, 24@7, and 12 @ point blank. We went back to his house (walking distance) His wife had cookies in the oven and we watched some lame video for about 45 min, took a written test a kindergardener could have passed, and had fresh cookies and lemonade. In and out, 3hrs tops. I suppose it's for the best that the man passed away or they would be coming after him, huh?

It is required to be 8 hours. If the States Investigators find out that the Instructors are "getting it done" in a significantly less time, then not only does the instructor lose his/her ability to teach the class, all HCP holder who have taken his/her class can lose their HCPs as well.

Congrats on taking the course. Everyone over 21 who can and is able should get their HCP

Guest johnmattwill
I believe the state mandates 8 hrs now.

That is exactly correct, our instuctor stated that to us in our class. I didnt mind the 8 hour day, I thought it was fun.. I enjoyed both parts of the class... class room and range.