Glock 23 grip help

gomer pyle

I picked up a gen 3 23 last week and finally had a chance to shoot it today. While I like the size(for carry), the grip does not fit my hands. I have large hands and my fingers sit on top of, instead of down in the finger grooves of the grip. I know hogue makes a rubber grip to add but I don't think it with help although I may order one to see. Any other ideas? I thought about sending it off to have the front of the grip smoothed but I'm not sure how it would look or feel.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Put a Pierce or like make magazine extension plate on the magazines for the simplest fix. You can also use a grip sleeve for added circumference which might help as well. One thing that will help, but is a permanent alteration is to radius a bit of material out from under the rear of the trigger guard along the front of the front grip. Finally a bit of plastic engineering can produce and extended tang on the upper rear of the grip.

https://robarguns.com/custom-weapons/handguns/custom-glocks/

I can live with the overall length, it's just the finger grooves that suck. I thought about filing them down but I hate to kill the value in case I ever wanted to sell it. I'm going to order a rubber grip to see if that helps but I have my doubts.

If I decide to sell/ trade, what is a fair price to ask for it? It is LNIB with 50rounds thru it. It is FDE in color(I don't think that changes price but I didn't know).
A grip sleeve is an option. But my Uncle was an armed security guard and they
had an issue with a sleve. What it was doing was riding up the grip and making it difficult
to press the mag release. This only happened to one person and one pistol, but it was enough call for a policy change. No more grip sleves.

Something to think about. I personally have run sleves with no issue.
But I ultimately removed them as they were on the pistols when I bought them. Edited by TnShooter83

Depends on whether you view your Glock as a tool or a work of art.  I contend that due to Glock's utilitarian design there is no such thing as a collectable Glock, so I look at all Glocks as simply another tool. I've had quite a few Glocks. 

If it were mine I would just grind off the finger "humps", probably radius the edges where trigger guard meets the grip and if concerned about the looks would possibly stipple the front of the grip where I ground off the humps.  I suppose it does void the warranty and makes your $500.00 Glock into a $200.00 Glock.   But it will feel better, point better for most and still be a reliable shooter.  This is a case for making the tool conform to the user, not the other way around.  I like the Glock frame design because it lends itself to mods without harming function.

In my experience putting a sleeve on a Gen 3 Glock just aggravates the situation if the humps don't feel right stock.