street sweeper

Guest cjr

I am thinking about buying a Cobray street sweeper 12 ga. do any of you have pros and cons on the Cobray.

What are the requirements to transport accross state line.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Traumaslave

It is a destructive device which will require a $200 tax stamp for you to purchase. You will also have to file papers with the ATF and wait for reply each time you want to transport outside the state.

I agree. the Saiga 12 would probably be the better route unless you just love the Street Sweeper. The whole DD thing is weird. With the Saiga if you convert it, it can either be a SBS or just leave it title 1 with the 18 inch barrel. I have heard that the street sweepers are kinda picky as to if they will run or not. But hey if you love the street sweeper go for it, they do look kinda cool.

-Jason G

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I heard the street sweepers triggers required some Herculean strength to pull the trigger but they do definitely have a cool factor. I went the Saiga 12 with MD20 route...now if I can just get this thing workin...lol...

It was working just fine when it was mine! Maybe you should give it back and I will test it for you.... might take me a few years or until you forget about it!:D

+1 on the Saiga IMO.

The Streetsweeper is an interesting firearm. They are crude and the trigger is awful, but they are a "cool" item to own for their collector status.

If you're just looking for a rude and crude shotgun for use I would have to echo the others and say get the Saiga. If you're looking for something you're not going to see a lot of, and want some return on your investment I would go the other way and get the Cobray.

It was working just fine when it was mine! Maybe you should give it back and I will test it for you.... might take me a few years or until you forget about it!:D

+1 on the Saiga IMO.

I think he was talking about the drum, which I think with some help from the maker he got to work.

The Streetsweeper is an interesting firearm. They are crude and the trigger is awful, but they are a "cool" item to own for their collector status.

If you're just looking for a rude and crude shotgun for use I would have to echo the others and say get the Saiga. If you're looking for something you're not going to see a lot of, and want some return on your investment I would go the other way and get the Cobray.

I think he was talking about the drum, which I think with some help from the maker he got to work.

Yes, speaking of the drum...which should be working soon...the M11/9 kind of put the Saiga 12 on the back burner. :D