OK, Which one of you drives the Pinto?

Because 'merica...

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalkb

Sooner or later one of those zip-ties will snap and whoever is next to or behind that car will be dodging engine parts.

Thanks for showing us the pics.  Now that I can recognize it, I make sure I'm not anywhere near that thing on the road.

The only things I see in violation are the windshield wiper and the gas cap. No biggies there. As long as all of his required lights work, his brakes work, his exhaust isn't leaking, and his tires aren't worn out, he's good to go. Driving a motorized junk pile isn't necessarily unlawful. Heck, now that we have diplomatic relations with Cuba, I'll bet he could get a good price for it there. :pleased:  

Aw man, I swear I was going to search for that video clip, I remember seeing that but can't think of the movie. Was it "Top Secret" starring Val Kilmer?

Pretty sure it was. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0lJyDCLYTE

• Like 1

How is that thing road legal?

I've driven worse. 

When I was a lad we had a Mustang that required a minimum of two people to operate. Whoever road shotgun operated the 'throttle wrench.' As the throttle cable had broken, we tied a wire off to a wrench and attached it to the carburetor. It was a very valuable lesson in communication.

"Upshift, now!"

*reduce throttle*

"Done!"

*increase throttle*

Now of course, the lights were a completely different matter, and in order to activate the rear brake lights, you needed a second person the the back seats to touch the bare wires together.

This would lead to a three man synchronization that to this day I haven't seen matched without years of training.

"Downshifting!"

*reduce throttle*

"Braking!"

*sparking wires from the backseat*

"Complete stop!"

*release throttle"

*constant sparking*

"Taking off!"

*increase throttle greatly*

*no sparking*

The car was a death trap. You had to start it from popping off the solenoid, and the rag bushing in the steering column was gone, which meant you had 45* of dead air from side to side before reaction, the floorboards didn't exist, but the road signs kept you from stepping through, most of the time.

Now, looking back as a mostly responsible adult, I am appalled at my actions, but at the time, just an old redneck kid deep in the woods, it was the time of my life. I had a car, and I was free.

• Like 5
Ah yes.... the 70's gave us the Pinto, the 80's gave us the Yugo. Can't decide which was worse. My Aunt had a Yugo. Always left the keys in the ignition and the doors unlocked. She would come out of the store and say "crap, it's still here." It was unbelievably theft proof. ;)

Ah yes.... the 70's gave us the Pinto, the 80's gave us the Yugo. Can't decide which was worse. My Aunt had a Yugo. Always left the keys in the ignition and the doors unlocked. She would come out of the store and say "crap, it's still here." It was unbelievably theft proof. ;)

My mom (remember I talked about the Pinto she had when I was a little kid?) had a Yugo back in the '80s.  Honestly not a bad, little car for basic transportation - except that a couple of times she put the key in the ignition and it just wouldn't turn (and not because the wheel needed to be moved around - it would just lock up, sometimes.)  That Yugo was one of the vehicles I learned to drive (and to drive a stick shift) on.  She eventually traded it for a Hyundai - back when they were 'bargain cars'.  It did pretty well, though, and she has owned two more Hyundais since then.

My ex-wife drove a brown Ford Pinto wagon when we were in high school. Then she upgraded to a Mustang II and her brother got the wagon. He definitely got the best end of that deal!!

that's hilarious!

My mom had a Mustang II. She loved that car. It would always start right up, barely turning over. At least it did until the day she went to trade it in. Then she couldn't get it to start to save her life. :D

Ask and you shall receive  :up: 

20150805_160445_zps3jogc7eq.jpg

I've seen TP filters for oil, but this is the first time I've seen a TP air filter.

• Like 2

My mom had a Mustang II. She loved that car. It would always start right up, barely turning over. At least it did until the day she went to trade it in. Then she couldn't get it to start to save her life. :D

I've seen TP filters for oil, but this is the first time I've seen a TP air filter.

That is a small bucket cut in half and stuck on the carburetor.