Candidate Lineup For First Major 2016 Debate

Ron_TN

After his "blood coming out of her wherever" comment Friday on CNN, Trump was "disinvited" from the RedSate hoopla, where he was actually supposed to give keynote speech last night.

- OS

Well that probably hurt his ego more, and made it more likely to run a third party ticket just to get his revenge against the GOP.

Well that probably hurt his ego more, and made it more likely to run a third party ticket just to get his revenge against the GOP.

Well, that event, and site, isn't run by the GOP, so he can't rail at them for that. Was owner Eric Erickson's call.

But it's a significant snub, most of the other biggies were there, which now includes Fiorina I noticed!

Story with interview with Erickson:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2015/08/08/donald-trump-disinvited-to-speak-at-redstate-event-megyn-kelly-invited/

- OS

Trump is an entrepreneur and top negotiator. One of the core rules of negotiation is never give up something without getting something in return, which is what he was asked to do at the debate. 

He's smart enough to realize that a third party candidate wouldn't win and would give the win to the Democrat. He's just going to negotiate whatever he can directly with the eventual Republican candidate. I can't read Trump's mind, so I don't know what that enticement would be, but you can bet this is his angle if he doesn't get the nomination.

Not saying Trump is my 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. choice as a candidate. I'm just saying he has no intention of running as a third party candidate.

• Like 1

Well, that event, and site, isn't run by the GOP, so he can't rail at them for that. Was owner Eric Erickson's call.

But it's a significant snub, most of the other biggies were there, which now includes Fiorina I noticed!

Story with interview with Erickson:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2015/08/08/donald-trump-disinvited-to-speak-at-redstate-event-megyn-kelly-invited/

- OS

He made this claim.

On Saturday morning, Trump tweeted that he was referring to Kelly's nose. His campaign also issued a statement, claiming Trump said "whatever" instead of "wherever," again repeating that the reference was to her nose.

I sincerely hope that no one actually believes that nonsense.

Then there was this.

Trump’s campaign said in a statement that Erickson’s decision was “another example of weakness through being politically correct. 

I hate political correctness myself and have said some things here on TGO that I would never say in front of a public crowd or other people I know that didn't understand I was clowning around most of the time, and the members at TGO are a tougher group than most. Trumps comments are not jokes, they show who he really is, an arrogant sexist egotistical man used to getting his way about everything. He says downright stupid things, claims he didn't say them and blames political correctness when he's called out for them. It's one thing for some radio shock jock or liberal comedy show host to say outlandish things but for someone who wants to be the most powerful man on earth it's a disquailfier. PCness is one thing but blatant arrogance is another. 

Also, when he wines and complains about debate hosts being mean and unfair, he asked for it and deserved it.

Edited by K191145
Trumps comments are not jokes, they show who he really is, an arrogant sexist egotistical man used to getting his way about everything. He says downright stupid things, claims he didn't say them and blames political correctness when he's called out for them. It's one thing for some radio shock jock or liberal comedy show host to say outlandish things but for someone who wants to be the most powerful man on earth it's a disquailfier. PCness is one thing but blatant arrogance is another. 

Also, when he wines and complains about debate hosts being mean and unfair, he asked for it and deserved it.

Concur.  Imagine how upset he's going to be if he ever gets to the White House, and then has to deal with an uncooperative Congress.

One thing to remember is that his company, The Trump Organization, isn't a publicly traded company, it's structured as an LLC.  So Trump doesn't have a board of directors or shareholders to worry about or keep him in check.  That gives him a lot of latitude in how he runs things and has to have fed into his personality.  He won't get the same operating standards with Congress.

• Like 3

Concur.  Imagine how upset he's going to be if he ever gets to the White House, and then has to deal with an uncooperative Congress.

One thing to remember is that his company, The Trump Organization, isn't a publicly traded company, it's structured as an LLC.  So Trump doesn't have a board of directors or shareholders to worry about or keep him in check.  That gives him a lot of latitude in how he runs things and has to have fed into his personality.  He won't get the same operating standards with Congress.

I agree 100%. Trump is use to getting his way and I think if he does make it to the Oval office he is going to learn what a real reality is and his fit throwing in Congress won't fly or get him his way. He better learn how to play nice if he is to succeed with Congress because there are a lot of Female Senators and Congresswomen he will have to deal with..........jmho

• Like 2

You'll notice that FOX is not even mentioning this latest nastiness on his part, only that he was dumped from RedState due to "additional controversial comments on another network" and etc.

Fairly classy I think. It will be interesting to see Megyn's show Monday to see if she mentions any "bleeding from her ..." specific at all. I don't expect her to, but wonder if FOX may "let" a guest commentator jump into it.

Right now, you wouldn't even know about it unless you watch the other networks, which of course have been the opposite, having a field day with it.

And again, remember, FOX "made" Trump, politically. If he hadn't been a fixture on there near daily for years now, you'd never have heard his name expect for rare blurbs on the general news cycle for whatever he was doing in the biz world.

- OS

edit: FOX did play the "bleeding" comment on Media Buzz, but not while Megyn was on.  Which makes sense, since the show is about the media itself, including FOX itself. One of the better editions I've seen, btw.

Edited by Oh Shoot
Trump has cleared up his statements, once again, about Kelly and of course with no apology.

Since the debate he's reminded me of Oclueless with all the name calling and innuendo.
I'm frankly tried of his smartass remarks and want to hear something more substantial, like policy changes.

If he gets in office and acts the way he is now, like a spoiled child, we will have another Obama dictating with executive orders and mob rule.

I see him only as a thorn in the side of republicans and a gift to democrats.
  • Like 2
FOX calls Trump and mends fences. Too funny.
Don't mess with the Donald. :rofl:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3192394/Trump-declares-war-Fox-News-phone-call-network-president-one-final-slap-Megyn-Kelly.html

BTW, another useful source for info-

https://www.conservativereview.com/2016-Presidential-Candidates Edited by kieefer

Saw just a snippet of an interview with Rand Paul and he hit the nail on the head. Trumps campaign for POTUS is just his latest reality show. 

I can't remember liking him even before he declared his candidacy. His campaign is the "Monday Night Raw" of campaigns, I guess in the next debate he will hit Jeb with a folding chair or something and people who still support him remind me of the crowd holding signs screaming for him to beat somebody up. DONALD  DONALD  DONALD  DONALD.... :rofl:  

Saw just a snippet of an interview with Rand Paul and he hit the nail on the head. Trumps campaign for POTUS is just his latest reality show. 

I can't remember liking him even before he declared his candidacy. His campaign is the "Monday Night Raw" of campaigns, I guess in the next debate he will hit Jeb with a folding chair or something and people who still support him remind me of the crowd holding signs screaming for him to beat somebody up. DONALD  DONALD  DONALD  DONALD.... :rofl:  

You know you would enjoy watching that.