Kentuky weapon laws

RC3

Anyone knows what the laws are in kentuky when it comes to firearms? I am transfering to western kentuky university, and while they dont allow weapons on campus, I am plaining to living outside the campus.  And I at least wanted to take a 1911 with me. To start with that is. 

And on a side note, that campus is huge. Puts TSU to shame and might be bigger than MTSU.  Dont know about the school identification thing. I was fine being a TSU tiger and all, but a damn WKU hill toper? WTF is a hill toper?

A hill toper would be a drunk on an elevated patch of ground.

- OS

I am pretty sure if I say that, I will be known as the weird guy.  Its bad enough I know no one up there.  But that is a rather interesting description to say the least.

I am pretty sure if I say that, I will be known as the weird guy.  Its bad enough I know no one up there.  But that is a rather interesting description to say the least.

You're really in college?

(They are the Hill Toppers)

- OS

• Like 2

Google Fu is a prerequisite of the modern day college experience but alas Microsoft Word doesn't promote good spelling. Humorless professors who love red ink and the discovery of poor proof reading though do improve spelling and grammar...
But I digress...here you go RC3

https://docjt.ky.gov/legal/documents/WhitePaperonOpenCarryandCarryingv2.pdf

Thanks for the link. The laws are rather different than TN.

Kentucky allows open carry without a CCDWP, it is not illegal to carry past a gun buster. It is pretty nice up here as far as guns go.

The difference is we are taxed on the air we breathe.

I won't say that I like it more than Tennessee, but it is home now and I am not sure I would be fond of leaving it.

It is also worth noting at a CCDWP allow the carry of all sorts of groovy mall ninja stuff. Not just guns.

Edited by Murgatroy

12:37am is "late as balls"? Are you sure you're a college student?   :D

Working full time and school. Not to mention only roughly four hours of sleep a day for a week started to take its toll.  And on my clock it was past 1am

Kentucky allows open carry, it is not illegal to carry past a gun buster. It is pretty nice up here as far as guns go.

The difference is we are taxed on the air we breathe.

I won't say that I like it more than Tennessee, but it is home now and I am not sure I would be fond of leaving it.

Im honestly going to be sad that I am leaving. But its a stepping stone in  the right direction.