Confederate Symbol Makes Yankee Shopper Run

A Connecticut flea market shopper almost caused another Battle of Bull Run upon seeing a merchant selling symbolic items of the Confederacy and Nazi Germany. It took the mayor and police chief to calm things down, citing First Amendment rights on behalf of the seller.

http://www.theamericanmirror.com/offended-flea-market-shopper-calls-911-over-confederate-merchandise/

It could come down to being offended. This frail flower is probably gonna have some severe psychological scars from seeing such products and CT is near the top of the sensitivity chain.

I suspect more to come, it'll never stop. Well, almost never.
  • Like 1

Seems to be a win for the 1st Amendment. What frightens me is that then they tried to look for something to get the seller on. What is it gonna be next? Shirts? Tattoos? Where is the line drawn?

Yea, that had me wondering why they even entertained his BS call.  As bad as calling 911 for not getting your food order right from a fast food joint.

It could come down to being offended. This frail flower is probably gonna have some severe psychological scars from seeing such products and CT is near the top of the sensitivity chain.

I suspect more to come, it'll never stop. Well, almost never.

Next they will have those disclaimers on History Channel shows showing Nazis and concentration camps.  You know, I could see an actual victim of the camps having a reaction (PTSD) but not a family member who never experienced any of the atrocities.

• Authorized Vendor

My ancestors had no dog in this hunt as far as War Between The States as they never landed on American shores until 1878. I was born and raised above the Mason Dixon line until I went in the service in 1966. After I completed military service in 92 we moved to Tennessee and have been happy to call the south our home. 

Regardless what anyone says I see this unfortunate war caused by many reasons...not just one as so many claim. I've never felt the need to fly the Stars and Bars but on the other hand I've never been offended by it. I fly the Stars and Stripes from the front of my house and Gadsden Flag off the side of my workshop out back. With all the total nonsense lately about the Stars and Bars I now find it necessary to add it to the side of my workshop. I hope you born and bred southerners don't take offense by that. If you do then tough toenails. animlol.gif

I'll be adding a small flag to my sig line here if I can find one I feel is appropriate in size. God Bless the United States of America and God Bless Dixie.

• Like 10

Not to high jack this thread, I have no problems with Yankees (shhh! I married one), but I do have problems with Yankees that try to change the way we live here, like making fun of our accents, not liking they way we run our schools, not liking our churches, not liking the way we run our politics, buying up all of the farm land which increases other land values, making fun of our rednecks, etc.  There is a reason this state is a state, and we should not be just an extension of say Ohio, Michigan, NY, IL, IN, etc.  You want to live in Tennessee, you are welcome here, be legal, and just blend in without changing the taste of Tennessee.   I think that is the problem of the U.S. in general, you want to live here, you are welcome to live here and to call it home, just do it legally, blend in without changing it!  :2cents:

• Like 8

G/T.

An increasing number of people are reconsidering and choosing to fly the S&B more as an act of defiance in an increasingly controlling society than admiration of Southern Heritage. This bears watching as subversives routinely utilize or blame the disaffected who indicate a degree of self will. By all means fly any and all flags you so choose to do, its still enough of a free country here to allow that.  

I'll be adding a small flag to my sig line here if I can find one I feel is appropriate in size. God Bless the United States of America and God Bless Dixie.

Good idea about adding a flag.  I'll do the same.   ;)

Just as a point of clarification, the nickname "stars and bars" refers to the Confederate first national flag not the battle flag. The battle flag was never a flag of the Confederate government, but was mainly a flag used by individual companies on the field of battle. A rectangular version of the battle flag was also used as a naval jack.

• Like 5

Just as a point of clarification, the nickname "stars and bars" refers to the Confederate first national flag not the battle flag. The battle flag was never a flag of the Confederate government, but was mainly a flag used by individual companies on the field of battle. A rectangular version of the battle flag was also used as a naval jack.

Point conceded but public mentality for multiple generations and hundreds of film presentations have imposed another reality on this rendering the perceived reality of the CSA Battle Flag being the CSA national colors. In fact over time the dark burgundy background of the Southern Cross flag has become red which modification as I understand it comes out of Georgia.

It is still asinine!!!

Hmm. I vaguely recall some of the late 1950's but more of the 1960's forward and firmly believe that since R.R;s left office this countries been on a bit of a slide. Now to my mind that's asinine!

My ancestors had no dog in this hunt as far as War Between The States as they never landed on American shores until 1878. I was born and raised above the Mason Dixon line until I went in the service in 1966. After I completed military service in 92 we moved to Tennessee and have been happy to call the south our home.

Regardless what anyone says I see this unfortunate war caused by many reasons...not just one as so many claim. I've never felt the need to fly the Stars and Bars but on the other hand I've never been offended by it. I fly the Stars and Stripes from the front of my house and Gadsden Flag off the side of my workshop out back. With all the total nonsense lately about the Stars and Bars I now find it necessary to add it to the side of my workshop. I hope you born and bred southerners don't take offense by that. If you do then tough toenails. animlol.gif

As a person whose roots are in Tennessee on both sides of my family for more generations than I even know, and a supporter of the Confederate flag I think that it is great that to you are flying it. Edited by 10-Ring

If a man ain't proud of where he lives, why don't he move to where he would be?  

Segregation works, I just don't believe it should be forced.  If everyone lived with their own 'KIND' everyone could get along a lot better.  It would require a LOT of neutral zones in this day and age but it's doable and would work great.  Don't like what we're doing?  GTFO.  

BTW, 'kind' is NOT racial but political and personal.

Edited by Caster
  • Like 3

If a man ain't proud of where he lives, why don't he move to where he would be?  

Segregation works, I just don't believe it should be forced.  If everyone lived with their own 'KIND' everyone could get along a lot better.  It would require a LOT of neutral zones in this day and age but it's doable and would work great.  Don't like what we're doing?  GTFO.  

BTW, 'kind' is NOT racial but political and personal.

No, they wouldn't. If the world was nothing but whites then we'd discriminate against those with blue eyes. Look at Africa's tribal wars, for instance.

• Like 1

No, they wouldn't. If the world was nothing but whites then we'd discriminate against those with blue eyes. Look at Africa's tribal wars, for instance.

People naturally find faults in others...just how we're wired unfortunately. I get what he was trying to say but I dont think separating races would solve anything because you'd still have one group telling the other group they are racist or inconsiderate to the other one.

Personally I don't like those pointy eared green blooded Romulan scumbags, they smell like copper. I can tolerate their Vulcan cousins even though they are a bunch of self-rightous smart a$$es, kinda like liberals except Vulcans are actually smart.   :)

and some Vulcans are pretty hot.

[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/JMH42/media/T-Pol_zpshxuthzw5.jpg.html]T-Pol_zpshxuthzw5.jpg[/URL]

Edited by K191145
  • Like 2

Regardless what anyone says I see this unfortunate war caused by many reasons...not just one as so many claim. I've never felt the need to fly the Stars and Bars but on the other hand I've never been offended by it. I fly the Stars and Stripes from the front of my house and Gadsden Flag off the side of my workshop out back. With all the total nonsense lately about the Stars and Bars I now find it necessary to add it to the side of my workshop. I hope you born and bred southerners don't take offense by that. If you do then tough toenails. animlol.gif

Well said, GT.

People naturally find faults in others...just how we're wired unfortunately. I get what he was trying to say but I dont think separating races would solve anything because you'd still have one group telling the other group they are racist or inconsiderate to the other one.

I think for the most part that we have a definite pack, or heard, mentality. Whomever is in our group we accept and protect. As comical as it sounds I think of the movie Independence Day where the world came together to fight a common foe. Arabs and Jews working together was poignant.