Who has a 7.62 AR?

DaveTN

I hope to be buying an AR soon. I am absolutely sure that I want 7.62. (AR-10)

What do you guys have?

What’s the story on Bushmaster pulling the 7.62 line?

Looks like my choices are DPMS, Rock River, and ArmaLite. Any others? I have absolutely no interest in building my own at this time.

A guy I work with is going to buy one also. He kind of a tight wad so I’m sure he’ll be getting a .223. But he asked me about the difference in cost for ammo.

Are there any local sources for bulk (1000 rounds) of .308 or .223 range ammo?

I read something about Wal-Mart carrying .223 in WWB; what does that cost? Do they make .308 in WWB? I get Lake City 30-06 pretty cheap but they don’t carry .223 or .308.

On a totally different subject… does anyone know of a good local source for .30 carbine ammo?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

www.wideners.com is a relatively local source of bulk ammo. It's based here in East Tenn, but they're cheaper than every other ammo supplier I've looked at for .223, regardless of brass vs steel cases. They usually have some relatively cheap .308 as well. I've never seen WWB .308 at the local Wal-Mart, but I've seen the boxes before. WWB .223 isn't probably around $12 per box of 20.

For .30 carbine ammo, Wideners occasionally has some new production and surplus lots in stock. Unless there's a Cabelas around here I don't know about, I can't think of anyone else who stocks large quantities of .30 carbine ammo with any regularity in TN.

Cheap mil-surp .308 is a thing of the past. There is some cheap nasty stuff from India floating around. Good luck putting that in a $1k+ gun.

Cheap mil-surp 5.56mm is also a thing of the past, largely. There might be a little around still.