Taurus CT9, Any Good?

Moped

I have to admit that every since I sold my Hi-Point Carbine several years ago during the economic downturn, I've wanted another pistol caliber carbine.  Harvey's in Knoxville is selling CT9s for $479. Does anyone own one of these?  Are they any better than a Hi-Point (which as long as you were running Hi-Point mags was very reliable, but the 10 round capacity sucked)?

IMO you are always rolling the dice on a Taurus, if you get a Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday gun you are in good shape, if you get a Monday Friday gun you had better learn to throw it accurately. I own one Taurus and love it but it took some work to get it to run right.

IMO you are always rolling the dice on a Taurus, if you get a Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday gun you are in good shape, if you get a Monday Friday gun you had better learn to throw it accurately. I own one Taurus and love it but it took some work to get it to run right.

I own one Taurus, a PT111 Millennium G2 9mm, and I love it!  It's goes where I go.  Super reliable with about 600 rounds down the pipe.

Get the kel tec sub 2000, runs about $500, multiple mag options

I'm not sold on Keltec.  I had a PF9 last summer that was complete garbage.  Plus Keltecs are really hard to find.  Keltec plays a lot of marketing games that I don't like, in order to drive up popularity and price.  I don't like that.  I would and probably will go find another Hi-Point at some point.  But I think this Taurus looks interesting.

The HPA 9mm carbines the best bang for the buck even though it's not the best looking of available carbines. I've looked at the Berettal Carbine and like and like the Just Arms one too. Yeah 10 round mags are a bummer but maybe someone will finally decide to market a reliable 15 or 20 round mag.
  • Like 1

I second the suggestion for a Kel Tec Sub 2000. The only problem I've had with mine is I didn't know how to adjust the front sight and I broke it. It was $4 I think to replace it. 

You can get them in various calibers to accept S&W, Beretta, and Glock mags. 

Here's a pretty good review when they came to market.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/12/joe-grine/gun-review-taurus-ct-9-g2-carbine/

My next step would be googling "Taurus ct9 reliability to find more recent user experiences.

If you do commit, check on magazine availability and pony up for 8- 10 at time of purchase...

This was an excellent review!  I think I will check out this carbine at Harvey's.  Unfortunately, I think I read online that they are out os stock.  But I will check never the less and maybe use their Marriage Saver l

ay-a-way option, if they they still have them.

This was an excellent review! I think I will check out this carbine at Harvey's. Unfortunately, I think I read online that they are out os stock. But I will check never the less and maybe use their Marriage Saver l
ay-a-way option, if they they still have them.

I think he's got 10% down X 10 months no interest