Ex-CNN Host's Husband Involved in Shoot-Out At Motel 6

As I understand it, she had managed to slip one into her purse, then handed the purse to her husband with the comment, "I believe we have something in here we can give him," or words to that effect.

Nice, that's pretty damn smooth. Cool heads in a hot situation.
I want to say he owes (deservingly) a lot of that fortitude to the Q Course, what an ass kicker that is. Not to mentioned to additional "fun" training you do and endure as a new guy on a Team.

However, I think any of us as adults, who have trained hard and work hard for our families wouldve acted the same. I'll be damned to hell before I let some shithead hurt or kill my wife. As im sure all of us would.

I get super sketchy about those outdoor motels. If me and my wife are travelling we usually bring along a long gun to accompany our pistols (where its legal before you damn Barracks Lawyers start squabbling)...its healthy paranoia but I also barricade the door and engage all the locks.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Hindsight is 20/20 and armchair quarterbacking is what we do. biggrin.gif

I moved around, we spoke to the assailant, kept him busy, offered him things, kept him from focusing. We felt he'd shoot when he'd gotten what he wanted. He was comfortable with the situation, had been there before.

The assailant grew agitated as I again walked across the room, splitting his concentration. He was making wild passes with his gun. Finally he lunged at the briefcase in front of me, and headed for the door.

For a second, I thought he'd leave. Instead, he opened fire on my husband. Chuck returned fire, emptying his gun even as he was bleeding profusely.

From the way I’m reading that account our card carrying badazz had a gun in his hand (inside the purse) and waited to see if the guy was leaving. He didn’t need to get shot.

But.... other than the three bullet holes in him it all worked out.

A good case for shot placement.  He got em in there and they worked.

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.....woman.  I applaud his willingness to do so.

Edited by Caster
  • Like 1

Yep.
But there again, if he really loves her, like i love mine, like everyone should love theirs, how COULD he do ANY less?
I couldn't live without mine and I damn sure wouldn't wanna live knowing I might still have her had I done what a man should.

AMEN