Photo of the forth coming new Glock 4th Generation?

TGO David

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Astra900

If they really want to improve their design, make a damn barrel capable of safely using cast bullets. If they ever do this, I'd buy one and take an oath to never slander them again.

Yano,I read the thread tittle and thought to myself.....ooh,they added more finger grooves!

Come to realize that they......took away finger grooves.......whats that about!?

The slide serrations seem to be counterproductive to me.Seems they would be better suited for less slippage turned in the opposite direction

Edited by strickj
Guest Verbal Kint
Could be the different lighting in both shots that make them look different.

Not likely. It's not a matter of shadows in the two serration photos, as each individual photo is not obscured, but a matter of actual distance between the milled out surfaces. You can clearly distinguish a physical difference in the two examples. If it wasn't as drastic of a difference, I'd give it to you... but just don't see it being the lighting. :ugh:

Guest Todd@CIS

Quite a bit of stir over on the GlockTalk forums, as you can imagine. A lot of doubt whether this is a true glimpse of a new generation or an internet hoax. Most doubt seems to be stemming from the the slide serrations.

As I posted over there... I agree that the serrations look suspect. If you look at the spacing between the 7 serrations on the slide, compared to the spacing on the 7 serrations in the zoom view, they don't match up. The zoom view shows them much more tightly compacted... where as the normal views shows them milled further apart. The profile of the arcs / angles don't really match up on the serrations either. Looks like a rushed photoshop job, IMO.

I'm hoping this is indeed a hoax and that Glock has much better taste than this.

My thoughts exactly (wow, that actually hurt).

For my needs, I'd like to see the Gen 4 guns with two design changes.

1. Interchangable backstraps (easy, no reason not to).

2. Adapt the NY trigger spring design to the lighter 5lbs pull weight (it's a much more durable design than the standard trigger spring currently used and I've never seen one break).

I'm sure lefties would like to see an ambi mag release, too (which is scheduled, I'm sure).

Edited by Todd@CIS

Some more discussions

New ambi mag release and safety.

New mags have a horizontal notch on the front face for the new frames, as well as the old notch. All mags will work in the old frames, only the new mags will work in the new frames.

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=232201

It is mentioned down in that thread about the RFP from the military, they have to put a manual safety on them...that was kinda interesting...

The finger grips, what are your thoughts on those? My thinking is that if you are drawing and going for speed, that it would be possible to grab in the wrong areas and cause you hand to not be holding the gun as secure, but if you do hit them perfect, you got a great grip that is a consistent grip.

What would you koolaid :D drinkers want to see in a 4th gen model? Finger grips, no finger grips....

I want the next generation to have pillows and 24" rims, and to console me when I'm shooting just outside the bullseye, and a sandwich toaster, and built in reading glasses, maybe a mini fridge, and a tissue dispenser for when people make fun of me for owning a Glock. :D

I don't have a problem with the pistols. Neither of the ones I own now have broken after a few thousand rounds each. I guess adjustable backstraps would be okay, if that's what you want, but I'm happy with the way things are, for the most part. The only thing I've been thinking about is adding magazine release extensions on mine. I've thought about changing out recoil spring assemblies and some other small items like that, but that is for another thread. If one exists, can you direct me to it? Thanks.

Guest Todd@CIS

The only thing I've been thinking about is adding magazine release extensions on mine. I've thought about changing out recoil spring assemblies and some other small items like that, but that is for another thread. If one exists, can you direct me to it? Thanks.

What I recommend and use.

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/Store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=25364

http://www.gunsprings.com/SemiAuto/GlockNF.html