Rise in guns turning fights deadly in Clarksville

They are simply applying trickle down economics.

Reduce the legal flow of guns which will ultimately reduce the number guns filtering down to the criminal element through theft and straw purchasing.

I'm not great at math, but this strategy shouldn't take more than a million years...

To the above post, who exactly is shooting whom and why?

While I'd like to see more information to test my hypothesis, I think it's simply a byproduct of our societies pussification leading to more guns equaling more problems.  

If, as I think, there is a large number of people under 30 in these cases, imagine how many of them have never learned to handle their own problems because of how schools and society in general look at violence.  Having never gotten into any fights at school, or growing up, when things escalate, and the prospect of a real fight is in their face, fright takes over, and they're reaching for a gun if they have one. 

That said, the inability of others to manage risk and handle conflicts doesn't matter to my rights under the 2nd Amendment. 

• Like 1

I recall a thread on Clarksville not too long ago on TGO.  One of our members had spoken with a LEO from there and said he was told that big city gangs like the Bloods and Cripps have come to town.

Clarksville is pretty much a tale of two cities as I remember it from my time there between 2001-2012. 

There is the Clarksville that's in the shadow of Fort Campbell, and has a predominant military community, then there is the rest of Clarksville.  If they had a density map of where the incidents were taking place, I'd wager that part of town would be a bright red.  If gang activity- of any type or race- managed to take root there, I wouldn't be shocked at all.

• Moderators

Clarksville is pretty much a tale of two cities as I remember it from my time there between 2001-2012.

There is the Clarksville that's in the shadow of Fort Campbell, and has a predominant military community, then there is the rest of Clarksville. If they had a density map of where the incidents were taking place, I'd wager that part of town would be a bright red. If gang activity- of any type or race- managed to take root there, I wouldn't be shocked at all.

So you are saying that when I am in Clarksville I can get my blow pretty much wherever in the rest of Clarksville, but I should get my hookers close to the base? Edited by Chucktshoes
  • Like 1

So you are saying that when I am in Clarksville I can get my blow pretty much wherever in the rest of Clarksville, but I should get my hookers close to the base?

I honestly never saw hookers in Clarksville when I was stationed at Campbell.  I did see plenty of double wide women in the clubs and bars looking for an ID card.

There was also the time I tried to get into Catwest strip club, but was turned away at the door, because apparently vomit on my shirt wasn't allowed under the dress code or something...but that's a different story for a different time.  :whistle:

Edited by btq96r
  • Like 1

So you are saying that when I am in Clarksville I can get my blow pretty much wherever in the rest of Clarksville, but I should get my hookers close to the base?

Blow in south Texas and south Florida. Hookers in southern Nevada.

You're welcome :)

• Like 1

So what you're saying is to stop in Brentwood and get my blow on the way in?

Your preference. But keep in mind those hookers come with freebies that last a lifetime.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

More may be carrying but how many of these shootings are by the law abiding folks?

That's the question that is never asked by the media. I would bet a month's pay that 99% of the shootings mentioned were by people that already had a felony conviction.

I recall a thread on Clarksville not too long ago on TGO.  One of our members had spoken with a LEO from there and said he was told that big city gangs like the Bloods and Cripps have come to town.

The problem in Clarksville is the Gangsters Disciples.  The next problem is the Democrat Mayor who won't allow the CPD to discuss that there are Gangster Disciples in Clarksville.

There is an internal war going on among the Clarksville membership.  Some of the old-school OGs (Original Gangster) have returned from their time in prison from back in the 90s.  These hardcores are "reestablishing" their status as the leaders within GD.  Needless to say some of the younger gangsters initially objected to letting go of their control to these older guys.  The OGs didn't allow this "dis-respect" and the first example of their displeasure with the youth was found dead behind the Waffle House off exit 11 about a year and a half ago.  There have been several other shooting since then  - - - long before lawful carry of a firearm in your vehicle law went into affect - - - Shocking isn't it!    

The Chicago GD leadership has sent emissaries to Clarksville in an attempt for a diplomatic solution, but that seems to have worked as well as Hillary's time as SecState.

Meanwhile...., the Outlaw MC continues to draw in members from the soldiers being "downsized" out of Campbell.  Across the state line in KY, the Hells Angels have purchased a farm, surely to cultivate corn and fresh flowers for the "local grown only" farmer's market in Nashville.

AND, the Democrat Mayor has ordered that all of the evil riot equipment that CPD had be returned to the Feds.

Its looking to be a Hot & Wild summer for the Queen City of the Cumberland River.

• Like 1

I SERIOUSLY doubt there has been a rash of permit holders getting into fistfights in bars and "after hour clubs" in Clarksville....it is in all likelihood illegally armed hoodlums getting into fights. 

A math word problem.....

If two hoodlums get in a fight and one shoots and kills the other, and the shooter gets arrested and incarcerated how many hoodlums are left walking the street? Answer? Two less than previous. 

I don't see the problem here. If MORE of them would kill each other then there'd be LESS of them victimizing law abiding people. 

But I don't go to those places. I do go to Clarksville. :rofl:

While I'm sure you could get both here in Clarksville,  why would you leave Memphis for them where they are both much more available. 

I have noticed an uptick lately in shootings here, but when the shooters are identified they are not someone legally allowed to own a gun in the first place. And though a couple of them have domestic, most have been near government housing and "party" related.

Edited by Omega

Gosh after reading all the posts I had to go back and read the OP to see what it was about........ :rock:  thread went a tad off course. Ok according to the post Clarksville is having more shootings and he blames it on to many guns in vehicles and I look back and remember back in High School when all of us would show up for class , you could look out in the parking lot and every pickup truck would have two or more long guns in gun racks in back windows with ammo under the seats and many of the guns were loaded. I know my were and I cannot remember 1 news report of shooting at any schools. my question is at what point in time did all of those good ole days go away. It was still here when I left for Service and when I came back it was all but gone................ :shrug: :shrug:

• Like 2
  • Moderators

While I'm sure you could get both here in Clarksville,  why would you leave Memphis for them where they are both much more available. 

I have noticed an uptick lately in shootings here, but when the shooters are identified they are not someone legally allowed to own a gun in the first place. And though a couple of them have domestic, most have been near government housing and "party" related.

I'm only home in Memphis 4 days a month. :cry:

Fine... let this progression continue naturally.

Fights leading to shootings is ultimately going to lead to very few fights.  Problem solved.

It does seem like a self correcting problem to me as well.