Finding a handgun in the bathroom

FortKnox

I've got to say this has been an excellent thread on a topical subject and its also something we should always be very vigilant about. I fully suspect this is and underlying motivation for Fort Knox having originated it because as I recall from a local meet and greet he's a pretty decent fellow. 

As to how to secure your gun and not leave it in a public rest room? Oh Shoot and Chucktshoes summed it up with dralarms covering sweep. Bottom line people do stupid stuff. Expect it. Just try not to be that guy yourself, but if you ever are always remember your not alone. I've had a pistol stolen from me but it wasn't left behind in a bathroom thank goodness.    

When you're sitting on the can, your underwear and or pants form a perfect cradle to secure your gun.  Just take your gun out of the holster, rest it in there.  No way you leave it in the bathroom.  You'll either remember to re-holster it, have it pressed against your gooch in an uncomfortable way.

Edited by btq96r

When you're sitting on the can, your underwear and or pants form a perfect cradle to secure your gun.  Just take your gun out of the holster, rest it in there.  No way you leave it in the bathroom.  You'll either remember to re-holster it, have it pressed against your gooch in an uncomfortable way.

Unless you're wearing shorts, then you have to hold on to that cradle to keep them from touching the floor.

Edited by Garufa
  • Moderators

Unless you're wearing shorts, then you have to hold on to that cradle to keep them from touching the floor.

I don't. I wear a nylon riggers style belt and I just loosen the belt enough to unbutton my jeans and drop trou. Then I spread my legs slightly so as to provide just a little tension and the belt holds the top of my pants just below the knee and above the calf. I don't even unholster. Everything stays in the same position it is on my waist. :D

I think I'd notify the owner / manager of the public place and let him handle it. Then again I might call the police also, don't know for sure. The one thing I do know is I wouldn't give a rat's ass if the owner got it back or not. IMO if you don't know where your carry piece is at all times you shouldn't carry. Period.

• Like 2
I avoid this danger by wearing adult diapers at all times instead. If I found kne it would depend where I was. In public I would inform a manager to secure the bathroom and call police. At work I'd call the security office.

Sent from the backwoods Edited by Spots
  • Like 1

When I found a loaded gun in a rental car I knew the last thing to do was take it back where I got it from. I called the La Vergne PD (where I live) and asked them if they wanted it.  They said "sure" so I unloaded, disassembled it and put it in a zip lock bag.  Two cops told me they would have kept it.  

When I found a loaded gun in a rental car I knew the last thing to do was take it back where I got it from. I called the La Vergne PD (where I live) and asked them if they wanted it.  They said "sure" so I unloaded, disassembled it and put it in a zip lock bag.  Two cops told me they would have kept it.  

Somehow I'm not surprised. Probably where it ended up.

The solution for me is quite simple. Do all my running and eat last. Make sure not to eat a couple hours before I have to leave home.
Doing that means I can sprout a monkey tail at home. If I leave my gun in my bathroom I only have to deal with my wife.

Emergencies do arise from time to time but I make a conscious effort to :poop: at home. Besides, that's where my collection of Backwoodsman resides. When the Browns go to the super bowl, it's best to be a home game. Away games are never good. Edited by Caster