Bar-b-que!

KahrMan

Just had some great bar-b-que for lunch. Went to a place called Martin's in Nolensville, Tn. Great little place to eat. Had the redneck taco. Thats a piece of fried cornbread topped with barbque and slaw. Nice order of fries on the side. They have a couple of sauces. i like their vinegar based sauce but their tomato/molasses based sauce is good also.

So what are some of your favorite hole in the wall bbq joints?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Astra900

There is a place in Franklin on your way out of town, HWY 96. BB's BBQ. OMG! They have a baked potato toped with pulled pork or brisket they are HUGE!!! Damn, thanks a friggin' lot! Now I'm jonesen for some BBQ.

Mouths all waterin' and stuff, that's alot Kahrman!:meh::lol:

JK:wave:

Guest GUTTERbOY

I like Porker's downtown here. Rib & Loin is pretty good, too. It's too bad you can't run across real barbecue sauce around here, though.

:lol:

Eastern NC boy here

Guest Jason F.
Ive heard nothing but good things about Martins.

+1... Martin's is very, very good. I try to get in there at least once a month if not more. Probably some of the best pork BBQ I have had in TN. I have found some better ribs in Memphis but not in about 15 years. Memphis BBQ has gone in the toilet. The best BBQ in TN is now found in the small towns, the out of the way holes in the wall, and the back yards of TN.

The Slick Pig in the 'Boro is my BBQ hangout. $.99 sandwiches on Tuesday!

The smoked chicken wings at Slick Pig are the best things on the menu. They are absolutely amazing.

Slick Pig's smoked wings are the reason chickens were created. I went to a party several years ago and when I asked where the beer was they pointed me to the kitchen. On the floor were two kegs, on the table there were 5 gigantic trays of those awesome wings. I ate and drank about 3 years off my life that night, and it was totally worth it.

Next time you go to Slick Pig for the 99 cent sandwich, ask for the "extra" hot sauce. I love hot stuff, but that sauce will melt your nose hairs!:tough:

buk

Guest Jason F.
Slick Pig's smoked wings are the reason chickens were created. I went to a party several years ago and when I asked where the beer was they pointed me to the kitchen. On the floor were two kegs, on the table there were 5 gigantic trays of those awesome wings. I ate and drank about 3 years off my life that night, and it was totally worth it.

Next time you go to Slick Pig for the 99 cent sandwich, ask for the "extra" hot sauce. I love hot stuff, but that sauce will melt your nose hairs!:tough:

buk

We might be related :yuck:. I discovered them almost the same way. Friend threw a party with a massive aluminum tub of the most amazing smoked wings I had ever had. I think I had eaten about a dozen before I stopped long enough to ask where these glorious tidbits of succulent meat had come from. I think I had about a dozen more before I bothered to find out where the beer was though.

I always get the hot myself but I love the liquid lava so I will have to give the extra hot a try next week.

Guest flyfishtn
The Slick Pig in the 'Boro is my BBQ hangout. $.99 sandwiches on Tuesday!

I am there every Tuesday (well, not today as I didn't have to work).

Loved the smoked wings. :tough:

Ridgewood BBQ. :)

I second that emotion. For a true sandwich, of wonderful proportion... you simply HAVE to go to that great little spot of heaven known as Ridgewood. This is the stuff legends are made of. Get a pot of the beans, too. That's a HUGE part of the experience. It's HICKORY and only hickory wood, harvested from the family farm that is used to smoke the meat... and the meat is ONLY ham; no shoulders are used here. The meat comes in sliced form only. Even the way the pit is made is a closely guarded secret. And If you'll take a hint from a 300+ pounder that knows a thing or two about eating, I'd try to go a day after it rained. The meat always takes on more smoke on the higher humidity days, there in the valley.

I'm not the only one who feels this way:

Road Food

Go TriCities

KnoxNews

Holly Eats, this guy KNOWS his stuff and is the pioneer of the "Grease Stain Rating System" Trust me, it works! ;)

...but I like different styles of the Q.

Then there's the Rendevous, in Memphis. It's all commercialized, now. But it's been my favorite for some time. The dry rub ribs are remarkable, if you get a batch done right. (I've heard stories of inconsistencies) Part of the fun is getting to it. You have to step off Beale, walk in the alleyway behind the Peabody hotel, dodge a few dumpsters and look for a single covered door, that leads you below a building. You go down the steps and realize you're in a whole other world: The world of Charlie Vergos and, now, his family.

Up in the Gray area, between K-Town and Johnson City is the Dream Pit. The link will give you more info. He was recently rated number 1 in the Tri.

If you're in Kansas City, then the original Arthur Bryant's is where it's at. The Jack Stack is the sophisticated side of the Q.

As a general source of communication, including a building list of "Places to get BBQ while on the Road" try the BBQ Source Forum

This'll get ya jonesin': The Smoke Ring

The best site I can think of on the exact subject matter of all southern food: Southern Food Alliance

Edited by tadams
Added another link