Need some good mojo for my buddy

I usually won't post something like this but I needed to get it out of my system.

My dog is 11. A month or so ago he jumped when he shouldn't have and messed up a few vertebra. He couldn't stand or walk on his own.

We managed to get him back up and walking in couple weeks. He wasn't 100% but I was happy with what he could do. He was improving up until the last week.

He started loosing too much weight too quickly and got really sluggish. Just didn't feel good enough to do anything.

Went to the vet today and found out he's diabetic, and its got him in pretty bad shape. The doc is keeping him for the week to try and get his system straighten out but its not looking good.

Damn, I hope they can help him. Its just been me and him for over 11 years. I hope I'll be lucky enough to get him back home. But I won't keep him going just for my sake. I can't do that to him. We'll just hope for the best right now.

So if you get a chance to throw some good thoughts and mojo Bogeys way I'm sure he'd appreciate it greatly. I damn sure would.

And when you get the chance, give your dog a hug. Edited by jimmydeuce

Damn, I hope they can help him. Its just been me and him for over 11 years. I hope I'll be lucky enough to get him back home. But I won't keep him going just for my sake. I can't do that to him. We'll just hope for the best right now.

I lost my dog, Bailey, of 13 years last July. By choice, because it was the right thing to do. He was 14 and he just couldn't do it anymore. What you said above is the BRAVEST thing we can do as humans for our canine family members. I really hope your boy takes a turn for the better. I really do. When I talk to my Bailey tonight, I'll ask him to watch out for him. There is no better love than that of a canine family member. I hope Bogey gets to feeling better real soon. I also hope that you take comfort in knowing that what you have done for him so far, is a lot more than some people would ever be willing to do. And what you are prepared to do, if need be is even more. Hang in there.

• Like 2

Tons and tons of Mojo coming yours and Bogeys way for sure.  If I lost Kasey I don't know what I would do. People ask me why I will spend so much money on vet bills and I say because shes my responsibility and my family. I do for her just as I would any of my kids. If they are sick they go to the hospital or doctor. Only people that have never had the love of a dog can ask such stupid questions.   Wishing you and Bogey the best my friend................... :( :(

• Like 2