Republican Congressman Warns of Obama Dictatorship

Guest emsputz

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hitler through a series of political moves was able to get the German constitution suspended. I do not see THAT scenario happening here, but one never knows.

I do not think Hitler's rise to dictatorship is a good example of what Obama could do.

A big part of what enabled Hitler to acomplish his goal was fear of communism, and the ability to blame certain problems on the communists.

As I have read the average person in Germany was not affected by what Hitler was doing at the time. I am not so sure the average person here and now would not be affected by it is Obama tried.

You are right on the first part. I could see him being able to take executive control if:

1. Economic crisis were severe enough

2. large scale 911 type event.

I can honestly see both of these things happening as the economy will plummet after January and an attack is eminent.

You are also right about how it affected the majority of German's. Most Germans were not in favor of Nazism. However, it was the slow desensitizing to the Nazi power grab and a willingness of the German people to not see what was truly happening. There are many parallels of Obama to Hitler in regards to the cult of personality and the willingness of his supporters to believe he is middle conservative. I don't think Obama sees himself this way but it would not take much to slip under the spell of absolute power on his part.

I suggest a book by Wilhelm Lubbuck called "At the Gates of Leningrad". It is interesting to hear from a German officer about the German perspective.

the economy will plummet after January

I'm not getting a lot of news out here, but I am catching the occasional reference to the stock market. Sounds like it is augering in now. Anybody have a comment on that?

Don't forget about manufuactured crises; 'global warming', and severe energy shortages (he's already stated an executive order will halt US drilling, he intends to 'bankrupt' coal power plants, and he has stated that he is in favor of very high gas prices).

the economy will plummet after January

I'm not getting a lot of news out here, but I am catching the occasional reference to the stock market. Sounds like it is augering in now. Anybody have a comment on that?

Don't forget about manufuactured crises; 'global warming', and severe energy shortages (he's already stated an executive order will halt US drilling, he intends to 'bankrupt' coal power plants, and he has stated that he is in favor of very high gas prices).

Funny how the guy is not even president yet and I feel he stands no chance at re-election should he do half of what he intends to do. I seriously doubt whoever wass elected this time would look good in four more years.

His supporters can't afford high priced heat and gasoline. So if he does try to bankrupt the coal industry, that no doubt will cause oil to rise. A lot of his supporters are of the lower income bracket. That group can't stand to have prices go high. Not that any of us really can.

I hope he does things right and gets the economy going, but I do not see it happening.

To take over as some kind of dictator he will need the economy to start booming to the point where people feel he can do no wrong. A large scale terror attack will hurt his chances even more as it will show his foreign policies as failed and himself inadaquate as a leader.

Hitler followed through on what he tried to do. The German economy became strong, (mostly due to war preperation I believe). If our economy becomes strong and people feel like they never had it so good, many would be willing to forget about the constitution.

You are right on the first part. I could see him being able to take executive control if:

1. Economic crisis were severe enough

2. large scale 911 type event.

I can honestly see both of these things happening as the economy will plummet after January and an attack is eminent.

You are also right about how it affected the majority of German's. Most Germans were not in favor of Nazism. However, it was the slow desensitizing to the Nazi power grab and a willingness of the German people to not see what was truly happening. There are many parallels of Obama to Hitler in regards to the cult of personality and the willingness of his supporters to believe he is middle conservative. I don't think Obama sees himself this way but it would not take much to slip under the spell of absolute power on his part.

I suggest a book by Wilhelm Lubbuck called "At the Gates of Leningrad". It is interesting to hear from a German officer about the German perspective.

Wow, anyone else agree with Nate on the comment I highlighted? Especially "an attack is eminent" part? Not disagreeing with you Nate....just trying to see what others think about it.

Guest Ghostrider

I agree with Nate on this.

Russia and Iran have already made moves to solidify their positions, and AQ has promised an attack greater than 9/11 (or words to that effect, I don't have the exact quote handy).

If both these events happen, it will give the new administration "cause" to misuse a lot of emergency powers that Bush used.

Guest Guitarsnguns
so how does a President go about becoming a dictator?

By declaring "Martial Law" to avert a "Public Emergency." The Romans knew this as "Imperium."

Russia and Iran have already made moves to solidify their positions, and AQ has promised an attack greater than 9/11 (or words to that effect, I don't have the exact quote handy).

do you know any sources for this? I am curious... The sad thing is, other countries are sitting back and laughing at us...