Walther CCP

Ray Z

Has anyone gotten one yet? The internal design is a little different and I'm  wondering if they're reliable. My daughter in law wants one for Christmas. I saw it at the NRA show and it looks like one autoloader that a woman can rack the slide on.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Underpowered ammo does not cycle well in it at all. Quality ammo cycles fine. It does get warm too. And the slide isn't as soft as it should be with that design. Ever racked a 9mm commander? That is what I expected.

Hickok posted a video on it just the other day.  Not really interested in I so only watched the first couple of minutes.  Looks like you need 3 hands to take it apart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19ajx2X1RqA

The first batch had serious issues. Had a customer that had to send his back twice before it was corrected. The later ones seem to have the bugs out. I hate that you need a tool to field strip it. I'm not a fan of that.

I know that guy...good news is the new one they sent runs like a top! Great service from both Sumner Gun and Walther..
  • Like 1
  • 9 months later...

I'm going to update this topic.  After searching for a comfortable pistol for the wife, she fell in love with this one and how perfectly balanced it is.  She has put 500 rounds through it and it has never had a FTF or slide issue.  The recoil is next to nothing compared to my 1911s or Glocks.  She can also take down the pistol is a matter of seconds.  

My impression is this:  Yes on paper it is a thicker CC, but it doesn't print that way nor does it feel bulky or unwieldy.  It becomes an extension of you, so the shooting becomes intuitive.  

Wife hit a bullseye @ 20 yards on her third shot ever on this weapon, and consistently is within 3 inches of center mass.

I want one for myself.  !!!