ManCans

Of all the capricious conversations which transpire here in the TGO chat room, candles came up. I like my room to smell like pie, so much like real pie that I want to lick my walls and every other surface in the room.

Gunpowdered scented candles came up, and I found this site called ManCans. Anyone hear of it or get candles from them?

Some sents they offer:

NY Style Pizza

Dirt

Gun Powder

http://man-cans.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=60/

• Like 1
Interesting, I must admit.

And I do like some candle scents.

A good heady vanilla does it for me. Really torques up the senses and fills me with all sorts of notions and memories.

But...back on track, their New Car would be my choice. Edited by hipower
  • Like 1

Haha I have a candle that smells like Bacon. I have to be careful when burning it or I'll end up cooking at eating a whole pound at once.

Has it ever caused you to want to light more than one at a time?

I don't like candles that smell like vanilla because the scent makes me constantly hungry and I have enough trouble controlling my appetite as it is.  In fact, the same pretty much goes for any candle that smells like food.  I also don't like really sweet smelling candles.

The candles I like tend to be the ones that are labeled as 'woods' type smells such as 'Autumn Woods' or 'Redwood'. that sort of thing.  I don't really like 'evergreen' type camdle scents as I tend to think that they smell like cat pee.  Yankee Candles makes one that smells like Drakkar Noir - in fact I think they used to call it 'Drakkar' but now they call it something else (Midnight something, maybe?)  I like that one a lot, too.  I would probably like the 'campfire' scent from ManCans.

Outstanding, sir!

Since it's candles how long before this thread turns into another TGO gay thread anyway ...

Nothing gay about candles, IMO - scented or otherwise.  Scented candles can still be used for backup emergency lighting if the power fails (I know this from application, not just from theory) - they just smell good, to boot.  Besides, sometimes it is just easier to light a candle than to give the dog a bath.

Heck, I am secure enough in my manhood to admit that I am thinking about trying to create my own, custom candle scents using the materials you can buy in the craft section at Walmart, etc.  I already came up with a couple of custom scented oils (the type that is used in one of those oil warmers to act similarly to a scented candle) by blending some of the scented oils from Walmart.

One of my favorite scents at this time, though, comes from some 'incense' I bought several years ago.  I don't burn it all that frequently so I still have some left.  It is, apparently, made from compressed pine dust or something because, rather than smelling like cat pee the way those 'fake' pine scented candles do (to me), it smells like honest-to-goodness wood burning, like a danged campfire.  To make it even more 'neat', I have a sort of bisqueware log cabin incense burner that I burn it in.  You put the incense inside the cabin and the smoke comes out of a 'chimney' at each end.  I think the whole setup is pretty darned 'manly'.

Edited by JAB
  • Like 1

To make it even more 'neat', I have a sort of bisqueware log cabin incense burner that I burn it in.  You put the incense inside the cabin and the smoke comes out of a 'chimney' at each end. 

That is awesome! I didn't know such things existed. I'm putting it on my wish list for later on Amazon.

I kinda do what Raoul does, I just have to be cautious of any shards, I have noticed that they draw the dogs attention, not so sure that is a good thing though, and of course it runs everyone off cept one of my grandsons who sits there and laughs with me.

• Like 3

Yankee Candles makes one that smells like Drakkar Noir - in fact I think they used to call it 'Drakkar' but now they call it something else (Midnight something, maybe?) I like that one a lot, too. I would probably like the 'campfire' scent from ManCans.

That's my favorite candle ever! They make it in air freshner too, for vehicles. Midsummer Night I believe.

As for farting and hoping for the best, I'm dead from laughing. Also, since candles are kinda chick'ish, I have an army green nail polish color and it's called "oh oh, roll down the window". Made me think of that!
  • Like 1

That is awesome! I didn't know such things existed. I'm putting it on my wish list for later on Amazon.

This is the one on Amazon that is the most like the one I have.  Mine didn't come with the 'seven scent sampler pack' but it did come with the 'pignon' incense.  I think I bought mine in a shop in Blue Ridge, Georgia iirc.

http://www.amazon.com/Cabin-Incense-Burner-Value-Sampler/dp/B00GZKYQ72/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1433341164&sr=8-11&keywords=log+cabin+incense+burner

That's my favorite candle ever! They make it in air freshner too, for vehicles. Midsummer Night I believe.

As for farting and hoping for the best, I'm dead from laughing. Also, since candles are kinda chick'ish, I have an army green nail polish color and it's called "oh oh, roll down the window". Made me think of that!

Yeah, I think Midsummer Night is right.  I knew it was something to do with Midnight (MIDsummer NIGHT).

There is also a brand of candles called 'Woodwick' that, as the name implies, uses wooden 'wicks'.  They are sort of 'x' shaped in cross section and burn really well.  The cool thing about them is that the wooden wick pops and cracks sort of like a wood fire while the candle burns.  I really like this scent:

http://www.amazon.com/Woodwick-Mini-Redwood-Candle-3-4oz/dp/B001RDNOC0/ref=sr_1_6?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1433341788&sr=1-6&keywords=woodwick+candles+redwood

I have a friend (actually my ex-sister in law) who works at Cracker Barrel in the gift shop part.  They sell Woodwick candles and that is how I first found out about them - she got me one of the Redwood candles as a gift a couple of years ago because she knew I would like that scent.

Edited by JAB
  • Like 1