In Honor of our Fallen Heroes>>>

You are right, Robert. I cried like a baby the first time I saw this, last year(? I think) and am not ashamed to admit it. I still can't watch without tearing up.

I still get chills at the National Anthem, flag ceremonies, and flyovers at sports events.

I'm just old school enough to still believe that displays of patriotism should evoke a little emotion in the heart. Edited by hipower

I try to remember to post this on every Memorial Day, Veterans Day and 4th of July in all the sites I am a member of. Folks have no idea how thrilled I am to see the American people stand up and stand behind our troops with Spirit and Pride. I remember when I cam home and it was another time and era. We were told by our CO's that we may want to change into civilian clothes and not wear our uniforms while flying home on a commercial flight because it might get ugly when you get off the plane. I asked him, "with all due respect Sir, can it be any uglier then the Hell we just left to come home. I wore my dress Blues Home with pride and yea I had to have them dry cleaned after the walk through the airport to my family that came to pick me up. I told them to meet me out front because I didn't want them to see what might and did happen.

Now folks know why I am so proud of how our troops are loved and honored today but then I think back.  It comes to mind that the mood may have changed because we are the guys who came home back then may have chosen to raise our children better and to be more respectful of out men and women in Uniform.................... :usa:

Edited by bersaguy
  • Like 1

I try to remember to post this on every Memorial Day, Veterans Day and 4th of July in all the sites I am a member of. Folks have no idea how thrilled I am to see the American people stand up and stand behind our troops with Spirit and Pride. I remember when I cam home and it was another time and era. We were told by our CO's that we may want to change into civilian clothes and not wear our uniforms while flying home on a commercial flight because it might get ugly when you get off the plane. I asked him, "with all due respect Sir, can it be any uglier then the Hell we just left to come home. I wore my dress Blues Home with pride and yea I had to have them dry cleaned after the walk through the airport to my family that came to pick me up. I told them to meet me out front because I didn't want them to see what might and did happen.

Now folks know why I am so proud of how our troops are loved and honored today but then I think back.  It comes to mind that the mood may have changed because we are the guys who came home back then may have chosen to raise our children better and to be more respectful of out men and women in Uniform.................... :usa:

Well said, Doug. And if I haven't said this before...it's about time. Thank You for your Service to this country and its people.

• Like 1

Well said, Doug. And if I haven't said this before...it's about time. Thank You for your Service to this country and its people.

You have many times and I thank you for it. I watched the NASCAR race yesterday and I am so thrilled to see how NASCAR has stepped up to the plate to help our troops and show their total support for them.

I lost a very good friend a year after my accident. Had I not been in my accident I would not be here because I would have been with him.

When I first met him we did not get along. I got sucked into some very negative drama and I gave him a hard time every chance I could. I was probably the biggest thorn he has ever had in his side and he gave back as much as I gave. I would always have his back but he was the one person that I could honestly say I hated. Because of how I acted towards him we never really got to know each other and he probably assumed I was just some POS. Step forward a few years and we were together again but under a different company but this time he was in a position to make my life a living hell and he did. He changed my call sign to a very disrespectful name. It was so bad that the client made him change it because it made them cringe every time they heard my call sign over the radio. Well after a few weeks I sat down with Craig and we had a heart to heart, something we had never done before because of the wall that someone else put up between us. Well after a few more weeks we both realized that what we had believed for so long was untrue. And then we began talking more and eventually became very good friends. We talked all the time when working and when home. He was actually planning on moving to Tennessee because he loved the area so much and I welcomed it because we were such close friends.

In 2008 I was in my helicopter accident and that ended my trips. My friend also quit doing it but he started his own company to help the people of Afghanistan. His company was installing water systems and repairing roads. We talked regularly about his company and how well it was going. Then starting in May of 2009 I wasn't able to get a hold of him. I thought it was just a matter of him being gone all the time. I had left dozens of emails as well as just as many messages on his phone. Then, in casual conversation, with a mutual friend I found out my friend had been killed in an ambush in the same town we had originally met. It was the hardest week of my life and honestly I do not remember anything from that week. And because I was already in a dark place in my life because of the accident I got really down and stayed there for a long time.

It has gotten easier over the years but every Memorial Day he is the one person I wish was still around.

This is what Memorial Day is to me, a time to remember those we wish were still with us.

Thanks for that Dolo. I think if anyone has been in war and serve in battle they had that one best friend they lost. I know what your talking about.   I lost one of my team 3 years ago, but not in battle but from heart attack. It still hurts because my team have all kept in touch since we came state side in 74. Memorial Day does make his passing a remembrance also. Sorry about your loss and about how it effected you with your already tough situation. Glad it has at least gotten easier for you in the years gone by...........