XD/1911/Glock Trigger

jay1313g

A buddy purchased a XD 40 compact and let me shoot it at Range USA yesterday. I really liked it and remember the trigger being fairly crisp. It wasn't as good as the trigger on my Warthog but seemed better than the Glock I had before.

Can anyone give me your experience/take on the trigger difference between the 1911/Glock/XD. The XD seemed to have a little bit of take up and then it was a 1911 like break.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bkelm18

The DAO trigger is always going to have a bit more take up and a little more mush to it compared to the "crisp" SA trigger of a 1911. I own an XD and a 1911. There's a good bit of take up on the XD, but there's no take up on my 1911 trigger.

Guest Rugerman
The DAO trigger is always going to have a bit more take up and a little more mush to it compared to the "crisp" SA trigger of a 1911. I own an XD and a 1911. There's a good bit of take up on the XD, but there's no take up on my 1911 trigger.

+1 They really can't be compared.

The Glock and XD have striker firing-mechanisms, and really can't be compared to a 1911 functionally... but in operation, all three are effectively single-action, since none of them can discharge the weapon when the firing mechanism is at rest. They all do this in different ways though.

Feel-wise... the XD and Glock have quite a bit of takeup intially, and then have a shorter reset, whereas the 1911's trigger is more-or-less a very short-travel button (instead of a lever). The 1911 will always win when it comes to crispness and lack of pre-travel & over-travel. The XD and Glock's triggers can be improved significantly with aftermarket parts, but because the XD's mechanism is simpler (since it doesn't have to draw back the striker at all) it can be tuned to be very very close to that of a 1911, with minimal travel.

Stock for stock though, you won't beat a 1911 trigger.