Military Rules for the Non-Military Personnel

Guest RISC777

My reason for the OP is based on patriotism.

With Veteran's Day approaching I thought it not out of place to post the original. My opinion is that the younger people of our nation in many respects need a better grasp of the definition and sense of that word, patriotism. Perhaps we're not teaching these days enough American History concerning the founding of our country.

I whole heartedly agree and catch crap over it all the time.

I have heard from so many young people that if we get in a jamb we will do the same things the Americans did in WWII.

They don’t understand that we don’t have a couple of things they had back then; enough Patriots at home and a manufacturing base.

I was just sick Wednesday after the election. A couple of young people in our office were saying “We Won! We Won!â€

I said out loud “I wonder what kind of conversations are going on in the boardrooms of corporate America right now?†One of them replied “Who cares.â€

Being a Patriot also means protecting your country’s economy. We obviously have fallen miserably short in that respect.

Freedom isn’t free. patriot.gif

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be sure and tell members of my family and friends in Iraq that they aren't cool because they are in the Air Force and don't fly jets. I am sure they will really appreciate that.

I guess comments about the Air Farce being part time military wouldn't make you happy either?

AMEN !! I love the people of America and what it is suppose to stand for. I served in the Marines, Army waiting on the wife to get back from Iraq and when she does I think I will join the Navy for 4 years then the air force for 4 years that will give me 16 and finish up with 4 in the coast guard. I think that will be cool. GOD bless America we have the freedom to do that !!

I actually did have 4 years in the Marines and then 4 years in the Army. I came a hair of going in the Navy after these. The banjo player was retiring from the Navy country/bluegrass band and I almost sent in an audition tape.

so calling them the "chair force" is out? :-) I kid, I kid!

:hat::D:D

One of my pals is a FAC..the airforce version of a FO..(also known as JAFO..Just another forward observer, because they have such a high attrition rate that folks don't get to know their names).

Seriously though, I have the greatest admiration for those who serve now, in either a full time or part time capacity.

I do so simply because I know exactly what they're going through, as do many of us here.

Many of us are conservative simply because we've experienced the "love" shown by left leaning wingnuts who seem to be able to show so much love for those who wish to hurt us as a nation, but can't show empathy for their own countrymen. Hanoi Jane comes to mind, and of course, this generations incarnation Cindy Sheehan.

we have learned to take care of our own. Along with that, we pick on each other in order to take our minds off our burdens. Its the military way.

:shake:

Tcampbell, don't be upset, its our way of being funny, much like the first post in this thread.

our humor is black, mostly...its a flaw, but then again, no one's perfect.

:D

Guest tcampbell
so calling them the "chair force" is out? :-) I kid, I kid!

:hat::D:D

One of my pals is a FAC..the airforce version of a FO..(also known as JAFO..Just another forward observer, because they have such a high attrition rate that folks don't get to know their names).

Seriously though, I have the greatest admiration for those who serve now, in either a full time or part time capacity.

I do so simply because I know exactly what they're going through, as do many of us here.

Many of us are conservative simply because we've experienced the "love" shown by left leaning wingnuts who seem to be able to show so much love for those who wish to hurt us as a nation, but can't show empathy for their own countrymen. Hanoi Jane comes to mind, and of course, this generations incarnation Cindy Sheehan.

we have learned to take care of our own. Along with that, we pick on each other in order to take our minds off our burdens. Its the military way.

:shake:

Tcampbell, don't be upset, its our way of being funny, much like the first post in this thread.

our humor is black, mostly...its a flaw, but then again, no one's perfect.

:D

:-)

Guest Halfpint
8. What Jane Fonda did during the Vietnam War makes her the enemy. The proper word to describe her is "traitor." Just mention her nomination for "Woman of the Year" and get your ass kicked.
PG72.jpg

. . . :hat:

Guest jackdog

Having been a sea going bell hop a grunt and a jar head most of my life, if it were not for the ribbing and jiving the military would have been a lousy place to spend my life. For me it was not, in fact I still would do it again if you rolled back the clock. to all the doggies swabbies, air farce and coast guard pukes I thank you for your service, and would have your six anytime.