Enrolled to Keltec

TacoBubba

I did have a problem recently with the mag dropping just enough to cause a jam after each shot. I called Keltec, and they sent me a new mag release (no charge). That solved the issue, and it's flawless again.

I replaced the magazine release twice in mine. Both were metal. CS was awesome, but in the end I didn't buy a single shot 9mm. IMHO, get a S&W Shield 9. Leagues above the P-F9. I understand they're not in the same price bracket, but you're buying a CCW not a range toy.

i keep a kel tec p3at in my back pocket all the time.  small and is a great carry pocket gun.  i like kel tec's.  i got several.  i picked them up from people that stated they were junk.  got them cheap.  yes some had some small problem that i fixed.  other were the first owner "limo wristing" them.  got a p40 and it is a great gun. 

I replaced the magazine release twice in mine. Both were metal. CS was awesome, but in the end I didn't buy a single shot 9mm. IMHO, get a S&W Shield 9. Leagues above the P-F9. I understand they're not in the same price bracket, but you're buying a CCW not a range toy.

The Shield 9 is indeed a great pistol and I'd recommend it myself when someone asked me for advice but the OP made a pretty good choice with the PF9. I say that because an awfully high number of people buy the little fire plugs and have little to no problems out of them. As others have said its sure not a range gun or one you train with a lot either. It's a CCW you run a mag through before leaving the range to maintain familiarity and just carry. Size wise I loved the one I had and if it'd had a larger trigger guard liked it even more so. K-T has IMHO improved on their QC but you still need to determine if what you've bought is a keeper or a stinker.
  • Like 1

If you hand load Vihtavouri has a recipe for 147 grain bullets at 1,200 fps. It is not +P and it chronographed where it should out of a 4" barrel. It won't be as fast out of he barrel of the PF-9 but will still do well.

The powder is either 3N38 or 3N37.

You can definitely tell a difference between a full magazine and empty when shooting it. The last round stings like a 357 magnum.

Thats 176 PF? Maybe I need to run some of my +P+ over the chrono next time I've got it out.