California Implements Statewide Ban On All .45 ACP Ammunition

There have been bills, one of which almost passed a few years ago, to force nationwide recognition for any state's carry permit, but never heard anything about a "federal carry permit".

Both of these I see as a very dangerous thing to happen, btw. For the simple reason that anything the fed get the precedent to be allowed to grant, it is equally allowed to ban.

Now, if Congress or SCOTUS wants to simply incorporate firearm carry as an individual right, at least forcing all states to be "shall issue" based on nothing more restrictive than the federal standards for gun ownership, that's another matter.

The matter of "keeping" firearms has been incorporated, although the battle of what, how, and which hoops one must still jump through to do so will be ongoing. But the "bearing" of them has not.

edit: ps, a "pre-welcome" to TN. :)

- OS

Very true, and thank you for the pre-welcome! The move will be in about 4 weeks. I've heard from a coworker who used to live in Spain, that they are only allowed to own bolt-action rifles for the purposes of hunting.
Supposedly, if someone breaks into their house, they are not allowed to shoot them with said bolt-action rifle. I guess they can still "bear" arms, but any semiautomatic pistol or rifle is out of the question, as is the right to defend your home with a firearm.

It's my fault for not elaborating and painting everything with the broad, 2nd ammendment brush. Forgive me. I need to denounce my birthright to California or something lol. Keep in mind, I come from a place where the list of firearms we are allowed to own, gets shorter dam near every day. 

Since I'll most likely end up powder coating my cast lead bullets, a Glock 26 is on the maybe list, as is a SW MP 9c. I dig the double-stack magazines for the higher capacity, but I'll need to see them next to a single stack to get a good idea of concealability. But that's neither here nor there and I hate to hijack a thread. I'll probably start a thread of my own on CCW pistol suggestions soon.

Not hardly.  Hate to burst your bubble but The South is full of democrats.  Just like the rest of the county the overwhelming majority of urban areas, i.e., the population centers, vote blue in national elections.  It doesn't help that everyone else in the country wants to move down here bringing their politics with them...no offense.

No offense taken, but you DID burst my bubble lol. Really? I heard that was true for Nashville, but are there other areas in TN people are flocking too with their own politics? I'm pretty much set on the Knoxville area myself.

It's hard to change people's minds. The same ones who believe in gay marriages and whatnot should support our right to bear arms. We've established that the right to bear arms has always existed. But what I mean when I say that, is no 10-round magazine, barrel length, or ammo type restrictions.

Edited by Grunt81

No offense taken, but you DID burst my bubble lol. Really? I heard that was true for Nashville, but are there other areas in TN people are flocking too with their own politics? I'm pretty much set on the Knoxville area myself.

2012 election, Shelby, Hardeman, Haywood (Memphis area) Davidson (Nashville) counties went with BHO.

Knox County (Knoxville):  34.4% BHO

Hamilton (Chattanooga): 41.5% BHO

State wide was: 39%, scarily high, and of course all were even higher in '08.

TN went with Slick Willy back when, btw. Twice. No predictions about this Clinton this time, might be pert close, dunno.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

2012 election, Shelby, Hardeman, Haywood (Memphis area) Davidson (Nashville) counties went with BHO.

Knox County (Knoxville):  34.4% BHO

Hamilton (Chattanooga): 41.5% BHO

State wide was: 39%, scarily high, and of course all were even higher in '08.

TN went with Slick Willy back when, btw. Twice. No predictions about this Clinton this time, might be pert close, dunno.

- OS

Geeez!!!

Well, I'm sticking to you guys and other gun fanatics and reloaders.

I promise, the extent of my political view-inflicting would be a Rand Paul 2016 bumper sticker, and maybe a sign in my front yard, at most.

By the way, my wife has an uncle who lives on the Tennessee River in Knoxville, so we do have a point of contact.

But if any members who live in the Knoxville area know of any rental properties, a PM would be much appreciated.

Geeez!!!

Yeah, TN is not nearly the uber red sanctuary many assume. And though we're certainly a "free state" firearms wise, it's probably not quite worthy of the "Patron State of Shootin' Stuff" moniker either IMHO.

Our real immediate problem is that though we have a Republican Super Majority in the legislature, so many are RINOs at best, and unfortunately that includes the Gov and his most powerful minions.

I won't even get into our two Senators in DC.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1