Memphis Gas Station Attack(video)

This keeps happening when the city leaders ie, Mayor,Chief of Police, etc. get on TV and say they don't know what to do with these kids. This will keep going and sooner or later somebody is going to shoot these punks. Then Momma will be on the news calling for the head of the shooter.

• Like 7

My job takes me on Poplar Ave, sometimes once a month.  Did anyone notice the gas station mgr/owner locked the door to keep the man evading the kids from safety?  You can bet that I won't stop and shop there.  

I haven't stopped at any of those places in that area, choosing to make my restroom break or anything else at Exit 25 as I come into Shelby County.

• Like 2

is the school mentioned in the story a private or parochial school?   I can't imagine that most of them kids won't be ID'd.   

Who are these two, Dorsey Hopson and Toney Armstrong

Edited by Mike.357

is the school mentioned in the story a private or parochial school?   I can't imagine that most of them kids won't be ID'd.   

Who are these two, Dorsey Hopson and Toney Armstrong

The local news listed the school as Northwest Prep Academy, not sure what they are prepping them for though...

Hopson is Shelby County School Superintendent and Armstrong is Memphis Police Director. Don't really keep up with Hopson since we started home schooling the kids so can't really say much about him.

Problem is if you shoot any of them you will be persecuted, called a racist and likely go to prison for life. Even if you

I know if I find myself in that situation I would hope I have a belt fed, several hundred rounds and a few hand grenades. If I am going away for life may as well make it worth it.

These are not kids. Matter of fact they are not even human beings. They are nothing more than vicious animals and should be euthanized like you would any vicious animal that attacks someone for no reason. They do get euthanized but it takes a conviction of an aggravated murder to do so. I would support the death penalty for ANY serious, violent act such as what happened in the video.
  • Like 4

This is one of several of these types of attacks in the past six months in Memphis city limits.  That attack at Poplar and Cleveland is not the best part of town either.  One of the earlier attacks was right at Methodist University Hospital which isn't too far from Poplar and Cleveland.

Edited by 300winmag

That is exactly right. It will be poor baby when one of these kids jumps on the wrong victim. I just hope it is on camera when it happens.

Report said victim said "almost made him pull out his gun". Unclear if on his person or back in the car.

Can tell you that at the latest, by time a second perp started pummeling me, I'd have been shooting into nearest body parts in every direction I could point at.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 4

Report said victim said "almost made him pull out his gun". Unclear if on his person or back in the car.

Can tell you that at the latest, by time a second perp started pummeling me, I'd have been shooting into nearest body parts in every direction I could point at.

- OS

In his car, he said that at some point.  Car with a toddler in it, no less. 

• Like 3
[quote name="Erik88" post="1260458" timestamp="1429026009"]Stay classy Memphis....

http://wreg.com/2015/04/13/brutal-attack-at-memphis-gas-station-caught-on-camera/[/quote]

Did anyone notice the gas station mgr/owner locked the door to keep the man evading the kids from safety?  .[/quote[quote name="Mike.357" post="1260485" timestamp="1429034791"]is the school mentioned in the story a private or parochial school?   I can't imagine that most of them kids won't be ID'd.   

Who are these two, [font=Lato, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Dorsey Hopson and Toney Armstrong[/size][/font]

My understanding is that it's a school for riff raff. They've already been kicked out of other schools. Hobson is the school superintendent, and Armstrong is the police chief.

That is exactly right. It will be poor baby when one of these kids jumps on the wrong victim. I just hope it is on camera when it happens.
JTM
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think anyone but the young persons family will feel that way. Most Memphians are fed up and you can read it in the comments that are being left by blacks and whites. It's just a matter of time before they test the wrong citizen.
  • Like 3
Hmm, wonder if the rest of the animals will flee when you put three or four in a row down or will they go full rabid rage and try to rush a would be defender? Inquiring minds would like to know.

Seriously though, I hate to rip off Lucas but it's so very true; Don't center on anxieties, keep your mind on the here and now, where it belongs. Your focus determines your reality.

Keep your eyes open out there boys. Bumpers are cheap. We might even take up a collection to buy ya a new one. Things start looking grim, get in, sit down, shut up and hold on!
  • Like 1

Hmm, wonder if the rest of the animals will flee when you put three or four in a row down or will they go full rabid rage and try to rush a would be defender? Inquiring minds would like to know.

Hell, he was already rushed by as many as could get a hand on him, and more.

I'd imagine that if the first noise didn't scatter them, about the time the 3rd or 4th body hit the ground, the rest of the crowd would get the idea toot sweet.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 4

Already been done Dolomite but we might see it again.  Bussing was a big factor when we left Memphis in '84. We had our oldest in an integrated private school system noted for their excellent programs but could not afford two tuition payments.  Our 1st grader would have been bussed into the center of Orange Mound which was, at the time at least, the largest legally defined ghetto in the US. 

Shelby County schools historically offered better educations. After totally destroying the Memphis school system, they dissolved their city school charter and the courts forced the county schools to merge with the failed city schools. This was followed by state legislation that allowed the formation of new school districts but limited it to counties with a population over 900,000.  Only Shelby County meets this criteria.  As a result, starting in the 2014 school year, the six incorporated cities in Shelby County (other than Memphis) are each served by separate school districts.

It's a real mess.

Until the Feds step in to force integration by bussing in those that are fleeing.

Integration is the problem. The schools were doing fine in black and white neighborhoods until the government forced busing on them in the early seventies. There was neighborhood pride all over the city, parents knew the teachers and the school admin could still beat the tar out of you when you became disruptive.
  • Like 6

Already been done Dolomite but we might see it again.  Bussing was a big factor when we left Memphis in '84. We had our oldest in an integrated private school system noted for their excellent programs but could not afford two tuition payments.  Our 1st grader would have been bussed into the center of Orange Mound which was, at the time at least, the largest legally defined ghetto in the US. 

Shelby County schools historically offered better educations. After totally destroying the Memphis school system, they dissolved their city school charter and the courts forced the county schools to merge with the failed city schools. This was followed by state legislation that allowed the formation of new school districts but limited it to counties with a population over 900,000.  Only Shelby County meets this criteria.  As a result, starting in the 2014 school year, the six incorporated cities in Shelby County (other than Memphis) are each served by separate school districts.

It's a real mess.

My three kids were always pretty smart. When they finished class work early they would want to play. While in the first grade the schools administration decided that my son had ADD wanted him tested and medicated. To me, it was just a case of lazy teacher syndrome. Give him more work, challenge him. We bit the bullet and sent the kids to private schools where they never had conduct issues and excelled academically. That same boy is now in a five year MBA program. I probably would have taken them out of public schools eventually because I was too concerned about the violence that frequently occurs in the schools.
  • Like 4
I was born and raised in Memphis, and the problems in that city have been going on since before the cobblestones were laid on the riverbank by the slaves. Nothing will ever change there. Memphis is doomed like Detroit. There's not really much hope due to the racism on both sides.
  • Like 3