The Problem

I had an interesting discussion with one of the ethnic Obama supporters, at lunch. He was gloating over the victory and I was trying my best to avoid conversation. He then went on to tell a co worker that his shotgun would be safe, Barack didnt want his hunting weapons. I couldnt help myself and asked him what this was based on, I know shoulda just ignored him. I brought up his voting record and stated flatly that he was wrong. He then attacked me personally of course and said that no body needs a gun that will shoot that many times. I then told him that there was the problem between his beliefs and mine, No body should decide what I need and what I dont. I pay my bills, my taxes, im not a criminal and who the hell was he to decide what i can or cant have. He then launched into the plight of the black community and the gun issues in the hood, to which I replied "ban rap music". We as a people are going to have to learn to stand up and stick together. We are the weakest when we are divided, these next four years are going to be trying for all, but its high time we organized and formed a group as strong or stronger than any they can bring.:screwy:

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barack was all about unity and all... but I feel like a bigger wedge has been driven between races, classes, and beliefs now more than any time since ... maybe the 60's? I dunno... I was born in '82 and wasn't around for the hippie movement. What do you think?

+1 on the way you handled that guy.

Barack was all about unity and all... but I feel like a bigger wedge has been driven between races, classes, and beliefs now more than any time since ... maybe the 60's? I dunno... I was born in '82 and wasn't around for the hippie movement. What do you think?

I agree with you 100%. This has been brewing for years now and I feel it's coming to a head.

Not judging but went to a gun show last year and saw a group of guys with their pants hangin low and all gangsta up. They had just bought 3-4 riot 12ga with a bag load of shells. Walking out with the attitude of what are you looking at. So the idot you where talking to must think the are only buying stuff like that to hunt I guess.

Guest Ghostrider

I was born in 53. Being a teenager in the 60s - the 50s (what I remember) and the 60s were openly racist towards blacks, I believe the next several years will see the shoe on the other foot.

I grew up seeing the racist "shoe on the other foot." I was one of 5-6 white kids in the senior class at my school in Miami, FL. And actually, the worst racism in the business world was from Hispanics, mainly Cubans, towards white folks. My Dad owns a construction business and things were fine through the 70s and 80s. In the 90s all the local political offices and civil seats were rapidly being filled by Cubans who funnelled all business and benefits to other Cubans, regardless of their ability to complete jobs. The worst were the inspectors who would always make Dad go back and forth on sometimes the same things that they would want to see done differently (regardless that Dad's work was ALWAYS at or above code) That wasted time really started eating into my Dad's bottom line. Work has become a money-losing venture for him now. He's fighting to see daylight, but I dont think it will happen, and a great 80+ year old family business will fall silently into oblivion, and no one will care. He's already put over $1 mil in his personal cash over the last 3 years to keep paying his employees, who he feels responsible for. With the crash in Florida's housing market, their house is worth half what it was, and his commercial property has dropped by more than that. So, his real estate assets which were a big part of his retirement plan are now basically gone. The sad reality is that if things don't change... after 40+ years of hard work and generosity to those who work for him... my parents may be WalMart greeters in another decade, never being able to enjoy the fruits of their hard work in the form of a comfortable retirement.

I really hope that when the time comes I can help take care of them. They've done so much for me, I hope I can show them the same love I recieved over the last 25 years.

Sorry for all that, guys. This is just something that's really been on my mind and heart lately, and I really hurt for my Mom and Dad right now. Thanks.

Edited by musicman

Guys, don't look so down in the mouth!

things are NOT as rosy as Obama paints it.

here's a pretty succint intelligence analysis of what he's going to encounter.

Make no mistakes, he has promised the moon and now he's not able to deliver.

hang in there....and read this..tell me what you think.

Its pretty good S2. (that's intelligence for you non military types :))

clipslinger it sounds like you met my sister. i just went through the same discussion yesterday. i simply ask her when the bill of rights had been changed to the bill of needs. she left the room.

AHAHAHAHAHAHahahahahahahahahahah

OMG that was funny! I just laughed out loud!

that's sig line worthy Jughaid!

I really believe the lines will be drawn alone economic lines more than race.They may call it race but there are more poor whites than blacks. After all when a black person becomes successful they are looked down on by the race hustlers, however I also believe there are going to be those than feel its get ever time.