Parking at Music City Center for NRA show

Does anyone know what parking at the MCC will cost?  I see a daily rate of $18 per day but I also see mentioned **special event rates** with no mention to what they are.  The NRA website suggest parking at LP with free shuttle but I'd prefer to park on site if the rate is reasonable.

thanks

Don't park at the airport. There are a lot of parking spots downtown thst are reasonable. You just gotta know where to park and not to park.

Parking at the airport will cost you 40 dollars both ways. Plenty of 5, 10 and 20 dollar parking downtown, and if after 6 pm free at the meters.

Don't park at the airport. There are a lot of parking spots downtown thst are reasonable. You just gotta know where to park and not to park.

Parking at the airport will cost you 40 dollars both ways. Plenty of 5, 10 and 20 dollar parking downtown, and if after 6 pm free at the meters.

This, but it's $25 each way, not $20 as Dustbuster said. Plus $1/per person after the first passenger, plus tip. Easily $60 R/T plus parking at the airport.

The main library garage or LP field will likely be the cheapest options on Friday at $10 all day. Library is closer, but LP includes a free shuttle right to the MCC so no walking in the rain on Friday morning. If you plan to stick around for the Friday night concert, that puts you even closer to the library when you leave since the stage is on Broadway.

Saturday and Sunday, the library garage will be $5 all day. Best deal in town.

Meters are free after 6pm Mon-Sat, and all day Sunday, so if you go Sunday and spot an open metered spot, take it.

If you have to do this on a shoestring budget, park for free at the Bicentennial Mall State Park lot off the north end of the Farmer's Market (SE corner of Rosa Parks and Jefferson). The lot is NOT connected to the farmers market lot. If you're in the lot at the FM, you're in the wrong lot and they'll tow. Walk to the south end of Bicentennial Mall and pick up the free Music City Circuit bus at the roundabout at 6th Ave/Harrison. The green route will take you to the MCC. The blue route will get you about a block away to the Country Music Hall of Fame. It runs from 6:30a-11p on weekdays and 11a-11p on weekends. http://www.nashvillemta.org/PDF/LGMusicCityCircuitBusStopSign3-17-15.pdf

Edited by monkeylizard
  • Like 1

Looks like LP field is the ticket for me. Area lots around the MCC are going to be too hit-or-miss for me to risk it. And the MCC parking may or may not be available.

Really won't know until driving up and finding if any is available.

• Like 1

I use ParkWhiz.com - I just paid $12 for a guaranteed spot in a parking garage a few blocks away from Music City Center, from 8am to 11pm.  I've used them before and it's hard to beat.

This, but it's $25 each way, not $20 as Dustbuster said. Plus $1/per person after the first passenger, plus tip. Easily $60 R/T plus parking at the airport.

The main library garage or LP field will likely be the cheapest options on Friday at $10 all day. Library is closer, but LP includes a free shuttle right to the MCC so no walking in the rain on Friday morning. If you plan to stick around for the Friday night concert, that puts you even closer to the library when you leave since the stage is on Broadway.

Saturday and Sunday, the library garage will be $5 all day. Best deal in town.
Meters are free after 6pm Mon-Sat, and all day Sunday, so if you go Sunday and spot an open metered spot, take it.

If you have to do this on a shoestring budget, park for free at the Bicentennial Mall State Park lot off the north end of the Farmer's Market (SE corner of Rosa Parks and Jefferson). The lot is NOT connected to the farmers market lot. If you're in the lot at the FM, you're in the wrong lot and they'll tow. Walk to the south end of Bicentennial Mall and pick up the free Music City Circuit bus at the roundabout at 6th Ave/Harrison. The green route will take you to the MCC. The blue route will get you about a block away to the Country Music Hall of Fame. It runs from 6:30a-11p on weekdays and 11a-11p on weekends. http://www.nashvillemta.org/PDF/LGMusicCityCircuitBusStopSign3-17-15.pdf

Meters are free all day Saturday too.

No, they aren't.

http://www.nashville.gov/Public-Works/Getting-Around-Nashville/Parking/Parking-Meters.aspx

Metered parking is enforced from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday.

The only exception is that if you have a handicap plate/placard. Then all metered spaces are free 24x7, as are any lots or garages owned or operated by any government agency, including the MCC and Library garages. Privately owned garages are their own animal and can charge anyone for parking.

Edited by monkeylizard

No, they aren't.

http://www.nashville.gov/Public-Works/Getting-Around-Nashville/Parking/Parking-Meters.aspx

The only exception is that if you have a handicap plate/placard. Then all metered spaces are free 24x7, as are any lot or garage owned or operated by any government agency, including the MCC and Library garages. Privately owned garages are tehir own animal and can charge for parking for anyone.

Did that change recently? I've been parking downtown almost daily for the past three years, and was never ticketed on a Saturday from 10 am to 6 pm.

Maybe I'm just a lucky SOB.

Edit: found some articles saying as recently as 2012 that it used to be free after 12 on Saturdays.

I can't keep up with it. Edited by suspiciousmind

Maybe I'm just a lucky SOB.

This.

It did not change recently. It has been on Metro's books since forever. Maybe they don't actually have any or many meter maids working Saturdays, or maybe you park in an area they don't bother to check on Saturdays.

• Like 1

If I were attending the NRA Convention I would be parking at LP Field and taking shuttle. The Metro police will be the security at LP Field and will have roving patrols all during the period of time cars are in the lot. I have two metro buddies that caught the overtime and are assigned as security.............jmho.................. :up: :up:

If I were attending the NRA Convention I would be parking at LP Field and taking shuttle. The Metro police will be the security at LP Field and will have roving patrols all during the period of time cars are in the lot. I have two metro buddies that caught the overtime and are assigned as security.............jmho.................. :up: :up:

Thanks. That's great to know.

Parking by the airport is cheap 7 or 8 bucks at the side lots. Taxi 20 if you have 4 people it's not too bad if you're staying by the airport. Lp field shuttle should be good as well. Any way it's gonna be a mess, but, the Tulsa gun show is this weekend.. And that's huge. Park whiz sounds good as well.
I'm psyched,this should be a good show! Edited by Dustbuster